“A Hidden Gem”

Ranked #3 of 67 Granada B&B and Inns
Lyon, France
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

From the outside, you would never know the beauty and tranquility that awaits you inside. My husband and I spent 3 weeks here and enjoyed many days relaxing by the pool reading a book. The hotel is walking distance to everything in the heart of Granada and Uli was a wonderful host.

I will definitely return to Casa Cubano.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My family and I had an amazing experience at the Casa Cubana! The hospitality, accommodations, and cuisine were excellent. The location was perfect for walking around the city. Esther and her staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. If you are looking for that place that is going to make your vacation that much more memorable, I would strongly recommend making the Casa Cubana your number one choice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My family was planning to stay at Casa Cubana for 2 nights then head to the island. We ended up cutting our trip short on the island to come back and stay at Esther's place because it was perfect for us. The rooms were beautiful, the breakfast was fresh and delicious, the staff was lovely and the location was close to everywhere we wanted to tour in Granada. We will be back for sure. Thanks to Esther, the staff and meeting all the great people through her.

Room Tip: I actually don't think there would have been a bad room, they were all beautiful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Well I'm not sure where to start?....I can't say enough about Casa Cubana, the location and the staff. It is absolutely stunning inside and so well maintained. Comfortable and relaxing. I've officially travelled all of Central America and who would of thought that one of my greasiest experiences would of been in a city. Well without a doubt it was!!! Aside from how beautiful this quest house is it couldn't be more perfectly situated. Just a few blocks from the City Central and so close to so many little boutiques, bistro's, local and fine dining restaurant right around every corner. I can't say enough about Esther and her Nicaraguan counter parts. They are on the ball! Andy is one of the most genuine guys I have met and he is sure to get you wherever you need to go safe, sound and right on time. The two ladies that cook and maintain the place have it down to an art...and well if Esther is the one pointing you in the right direction for tours, transportation, eats or joining you for a glass of vino....you couldn't be in better hands!!!!! Nothing but love for Casa Cubana!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I Had the most relaxing 3 nights stays at Casa Cubana than I have had at no other hotl on my trip through Central America. Esther greeted me at the door with welcomes, showed me around my room and environs and allowed me time to settle in. The room was beautiful, spacious and well laid out with gorgeous wooden furniture. During my stay, Esther helped organize a kayaking tour, gave me great recomendations for restaurants and sights to see.
Each morning there was a different breakfast, always starting with fresh fruit , granola and yogurt and then followed by whatever Hazel and Maria had prepared for us. It was all delicious.
Thank you, Esther for your kindness. It was greatly appreciated!

Room Tip: Pool was wonderfully refreshing with lovely cool water. Just what was needed after a walk around t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Seattle
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed at Casa Cubana in February and had an absolutely wonderful time. It was our first stop before heading to the Corn Islands, and made for a great introduction to Nicaragua. Esther and her staff are incredibly friendly and knowledgeable if you want to explore the surrounding area, or fun company if you happen to be lazy bums like my partner and myself.

Esther gave us great recommendations for places to eat in town that were food-restriction friendly (no meat for my partner), and made us amazing breakfasts every morning that were also veggie friendly.

The room we stayed in (Saffron, the upstairs room) was beautiful, as are all the rooms. We felt very lucky to stay there and hope to return as soon as we can finagle our next trip to Central America!

Mrs. Magrit's is also a great option next door - Esther took us over to get a look at the property. But we felt that the Casa Cubana had a more intimate feel, and the rooms definitely had more character. If you have the chance, definitely choose Cubano on your trip to Granada.

Room Tip: The upstairs room (Saffron) has a great view of the property and of the city (somewhat). Some of th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Casa Cubana is a delightfully enchanting boutique inn with lots of character within easy walking distance of central Granada. The rooms are quite spacious and nicely decorated with soft hues and colonial pieces. The veranda surrounds a lush courtyard planted with palm trees and flowering shrubs, and the dipping pool is an ideal oasis to restore oneself at the end of the day. The inn is located in a neighborhood with excellent restaurants and cafes right around the corner. Just a half block away is a very good fritanga, where a local family prepares grilled meals in front of their home and wraps them in banana leaves to go. It’s a very good option if you want to eat in one night. And if you are tired of walking, remember taxi fare is only 10 Cordobas during the day and 20 Cordobas at night per person (50 cents and $1.00, respectively), so any destination in Granada can be reached quickly and inexpensively.

Casa Cubana is an excellent value. Beyond atmosphere and ambiance, Esther’s warm personality and knowledgeable suggestions for restaurants and activities contributed greatly to our wonderful stay at Casa Cubana and Granada.

Best travels,