“Private Treehouse”
Review of The Treehouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
The Treehouse
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
“Private Treehouse”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed in the private tree house. It was really awesome. We had a group of howler monkeys hanging out in a tree right beside us. I have to say, it's a bit of a hike to the tree houses, both private and the main house, so keep that in mind. We had a great time here, but we brought way too much stuff which made the hike a pain in the butt. Hiking aside, the views were great, dinner with everyone that evening was fun, and the nature was beautiful. The sunset over the hanging bridge was one of my favorite parts of my stay. Bring your camera! :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
PosteRojoMan, Owner at The Treehouse, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thanks for the kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed the place. Yes it is very remote so packing lightly is a good suggestion. I hope the rest of your trip brings you more cool experiences.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Our stay here was one of my favorite nights in Nicaragua. It has an intimate feel, great views on the mountain, and the staff is so friendly you'll become best friends with them by morning. You can camp, sleep in dorms, or in hammocks. My boyfriend and I chose to put up a hammock on one of the camping platforms. The entire experience was amazing. Lots of mango trees, monkeys, and locals to play soccer with. They cook a family meal, and the bar is great. I'd definitely return to this place - it was something out of a dream.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JeffersonAveKateB
Geniusinger , Owner at The Treehouse, responded to this review, 4 June 2016
Hola and thanks for your review, I realise it was quite sometime ago you stayed here & we never thanked for your feedback! We are also under new management now and have done a lot of work on The Treehouse. Hopefully if you are back in Nicaragua you can come and see the changes we have made here :) all the best - Jon
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The treehouse is a must visit for every fun loving backpacker. We stayed two nights. Granted, there is some hiking involved as the dorms are down a ways from the main hangout spot, but who couldn't use some more walking?! The dorms are great, with lockers to keep your things in, security at night, and a locking door also. There are private rooms and hammocks to sleep in as well. The family dinners were my favorite part. Every night, the staff cooks a huge dinner for a low price as an option for all the guests. You never know if you'll be partying all night or watching a movie, but most will have fun either way. Don't stay here if you're afraid of noise, bugs, or walking....but I would recommend it to all my friends!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Geniusinger , Owner at The Treehouse, responded to this review, 4 June 2016
Hola and thanks for your review, I realise it was quite sometime ago you stayed here & we never thanked for your feedback! We are also under new management now and have done a lot of work on The Treehouse. Hopefully if you are back in Nicaragua you can come and see the changes we have made :) all the best - Jon
Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
Reviewed 15 May 2013

If you are looking to get away from civilisation for a two days or more, then go to this place. Nestled up a hill amidst huge trees, this treehouse is a crazy gathering of travellers from around the world, with every night being either a wild party or a chilled night in front of the movie projector, but always after a great family dinner. Easy place to lose track of time. Definitely need to stay more than one night. The view and the ensuing sunsets are absolutely spectacular. Only warnings are to take very good care of your personal belongings as the accommodations are in the lower part of the property and a long walk from the main treehouse, and also if you are a little picky about food best to bring groceries with you from Granada for your time there and make use of the kitchen. Will definitely return if I'm in the area again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
On the road
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have very mixed feelings about the place. The manager at the time was just amazing person and the volunteers were also really nice.

But. One of them stole my laptop from the hostel "safety". It was behind the locks and only the staff knew the code for the lock. I had in the safety my laptop in a bag with my wallet, charger, mp3-player and other stuff. The day I was leaving I got the bag back, and the computer was missing. As was 4 dollars and 5 euros. Nothing else, not even the charger was taken. The person really had time to think what he wanted from my bag.

It's a shame that one person can spoil the whole thing. Otherwise I had a great time. The manager compensated my loss with some money and free nights. But I lost all my pictures for the last 20 months.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank HontzyOntheroad
PosteRojoMan, Owner at The Treehouse, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
First let me thank you for giving us this glowing 1 dot rating. I really love trip advisor and all the people, like yourself who take the time to bash us for things that are out of our control.
Like all businesses, we have no way of knowing who might be a bad apple. Lie detector test and FBI screenings don't seem to be a possibility.
We have now limited access to the safe room and the key is controlled by one person.
I am very sorry you lost your laptop. I also believe we offered to buy you a new computer which you failed to mention.
Again, thanks and keep on reviewing.
On a side note, a guy working on top of a bus stole my friend's wallet. The bus was nice and comfortable and I found everything else great about it. I can't seem to find it on trip advisor though, any ideas how I can stop other's from enjoying it?
Gracias, Honduras
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My stay at Poste Rojo was straight out of a dream, and I certainly count it in the top 3 most amazing places I've ever stayed. It's sort of like never-never land, a wonderful place to forget about the world for a few days. The volunteer staff and rotating cast of characters built a wonderful sense of community that made for a really unique and special traveling experience. The location is amazing because it's close enough to make day trips into Granada and to other places of interest in the area, but nicely tucked away from all the touristy busyness of Granada. It's definitely a place to slow down, but also has wild side. You never know when somebody will break out the costume box and start a 90's pop fueled dance party.

If you're not the adventurous type, Poste Rojo might not be the right place for you, but if you're into monkey watching, hammock chilling, and incredibly positive vibes you should definitely swing by. It's a pretty special place.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I enjoyed my time at Poste Rojo, but it is definitely not a place for everyone. We took a "shuttle" from a hostel in Granada into the jungle. By "shuttle", I mean one person driving FAR too many people for safety in a small van. Everyone was crammed in with stuff and absolutely no space to breathe. You get to the end of the road and hike up. Hike up a lot. Once there, it is worth it, but it does take some effort to actually get there.

Now, if you're looking for sleep, a busy night here will not let that happen. If there is a large crowd, expect a very late, very wild party with lots of drunkenness and possibly some drug problems. If you're looking for a really nice and crazy night of partying late and loud, this is the place because there are no neighbors. Of course, with only a few people, I can imagine this place being a nature paradise. The physical place is amazing with a really cool bridge through the trees. We saw lots of monkeys from the deck, some really quite close.

All-in-all, I'd recommend it, but it's good to know that you might not sleep at all and most everyone there will be drunk, but it's fun and the staff/volunteers are awesome.

Room Tip: Hammocks are cheap, but not really the best sleep (but also not the worst). Dorms look pretty good...