“Excellent Value”
Review of Il Padrino Hotel

Il Padrino Hotel
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed here a couple of times and enjoyed it. The rooms are lovely with these beautiful french doors that open onto a garden, lovely painting on the wall. It is defiantly a good deal for the $35 / night we paid. While there isn't hot water or a pool, you can't expect too much for such a cheep price. We did not want a youth hostel with all the business and noise...... the rooms were big, pleasant, it was quiet- and the owner Stephan took the time to sit and share a meal with us. very friendly, and we loved hearing about his experiences in Nicaragua.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank snpOmetepe

Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed with Toby for 5 nights in March/April and really enjoyed our stay. Toby was a great host. He arranged to have us picked up and dropped off in Managua as well as organized a ride to and from the Market in Masaya. The location was excellent! Only a couple blocks to Central Park and most of the cathedrals. The rooms were clean and the courtyard is gorgeous! Great value. No AC but the fan was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToddL71
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Friendly informative service. great location. only thing i could i could see people not enjoying is the fact that there is no ac, but with the fan we were fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

First of all, rooms are decorated beautifully- the fan works really well, I never got hot. I left my door open during the night and had no issue with bugs. It's quiet and peaceful. Steven and Toby, the owners, (father and son) are wonderful. I have traveled all over the world and this is still my favorite guesthouse I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emilyanne87
Reviewed 15 May 2012 via mobile

We spent 3 nights here and really enjoyed it!Very quiet and clean!
Stephen and Toby were great hosts and we really enjoyed having a beer or two with them!They really made us feel at home - Thank You!
Rooms are very comfortable,they dont have ac but they have powerful ceiling fans!
Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We stayed here for a couple of days in April. Il Padrino is a hidden gem in Granada, very close to the center. It offers you even a kitchen outside to cook, the rooms are nice decorated and clean. Toby, the owner, is very helpful and super kind. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was travelling as a solo tourist in Nicaragua in january and someone from trip advisor suggested this little hotel and I am so pleased to have stayed there. For the money it was above and beyond my expectations. toby and Stephen the owners made my trip so memorable albeit that i was only there for two nights. They went out of their way to make sure that i got the max out of Granada for which I am ever grateful. I absolutely loved their house, it was like being in a friends house rather than a hotel, my room was so serene and i loved the exquiste art and the quirks with the furniture...check the legs!....I dearly hope to return...i felt so secure and welcome there...thank you Toby and Stephen. I cannot reccomend this place highly enough

Room Tip: my room way a haven of tranquuilty which i know that they all are