“great place to stay in Granada!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
Guesthouse El Carmen
Ranked #37 of 66 Granada B&B and Inns
Zagreb, Croatia
“great place to stay in Granada!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

we had great time at this hostel! rooms are nice and clean, with nice garden and comfy hammocks. We were lucky to meet very nice people here and have fun times just drinking at the bar with owners and other travelers exchanging travel stories. Arnold and Donnaly were very helpful and really tried to make our stay great experience. If you don't know what to do around Granada just ask them to arrange you a day trip with Phillipe, very fun guy who will take you to a great tour around Granada.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karlastzg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

I agree with all of the previous reviews about the Hostel. The owners do a great job and are very friendly. We rented a room for $14 a night and it had a private bath and a double size bed. I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget. The only negative comment I would have is that our bed was not very comfortable and my back suffered for it. Everything else was great!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tjh67
Arnold_Jensema, Owner at Guesthouse El Carmen, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Dear Tim,

glad you liked are hostel so much. We bought a new bed (an orthopedic one) and the guests speak highly about it. Bit of a pity you choose to not tell us in person about the bed but rather share it on the internet.

Kind regards

Hostel El Carmen
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

The hotel is situated in a calm street close to the center of Granada. We payed only 14 USD for a double room with private bath. The room was clean and spacious and the hotel was very nice with hammocks and a beautiful garden.The owners are very friendly and helpful.
Thank you for a great stay, Arnold and Donnaly!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Auringonkukka512
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

Nothing but good things to say about Hostal El Carmen - very clean rooms with high ceilings, charming garden with hammocks, breakfasts are reasonaby priced and can be served either in the garden or your room. The owners, Donnaly and Arnold, are very helpful and welcoming. A great place to stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Donna S
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

Everything about El Carmen is great - the location, the price, the rooms, and the hosts. Carmen is located just a few blocks of the main square on a quiet block. Rooms are spacious, and the owners, Arnold and Donnaly are always around to help you or chat with you if you need anything. While it seems like a safe spot, Arnold is very vigilant to make sure that everyone locks the door as they come and go. Breakfast is not included, but you can order it if you want to. They've got a bar up front, and while someone's usually there to get your drink for you, you can also serve yourself if nobody's there to serve you. With so many options in Granada, I'm glad I chose El Carmen, and I would chose it again in a heartbeat if I ever return to Granada!

1 Thank UltraNatasha
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012

I am surprised that couldn't find El Carmen in the best value section when search Granada hotels.

I have stayed with El Carmen for one week and have another week to go. I am so satisfied of the room, the environment and the service Arnold and Donnaly provide. They have $15 rooms and $25 studios all with huge bathroom which I enjoy very much. My $25 studio is huge and equipments with a whole set kitchen. I made avocado w/ banana shake in the morning, also the fridge is a very generous size too! Plus microwave, coffee maker, drinking water fountain and more. Arnold and Donnaly work very hard to make El Carmen a sweet home away from home! I do my Taigi stretching every morning between two huge tall mango trees. The garden is big consider this is in downtown Granada! I also picked up limes in the garden to make my own fresh lime tea. I am a person who watch my wallet carefully but I must say, I get more than what I pay for.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor may get better view but can be hot during the day. My 1st floor studio is cool mo...