“What a dissapointment” 1 of 5 bubbles

Encuentros
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: ENCUENTROS RESTAURANT RE-OPENED AFTER REMODLING AND MAKING A NEW MENU! COME BY AND ENJOY THE RELAXED ATMOSPHERE AND GOOD FOOD!
Lima, Peru
“What a dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Lovely surroundings, nice music in one ear and very high salsa music in the other ear!!!! The waiters weren`t very good and didn`t actually have time for custommers. My dish tasted like heaven, my wifes half was cold and the other part was overcocked. It must have been difficult to make that dish!!!. Looks like they try more as a bar as a restaurant. The prices aren`t cheap, so one could certany expect more.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Karen G

Granada, Nicaragua
“Simply Awful!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was originally excited about this new restaurant and gave it a good review. After trying it several more times over several months I found it consistently inconsistent.
My last visit sums it up. My girlfriend ordered the pasta dish with shrimp. The pasta was so overcooked it was mushy and sat in a puddle of water on the plate. The shrimp had a foul odor and there was so much red pepper on the plate it was inedible. The salad we ordered never arrived at the table. The waiter was asked about the salad and he never came back to the table.
I ordered the chicken with prunes and capers. It came to the table without either ingredient!

The antipasto platter is a good idea but the waiters need to be reminded to bring it to the table. On our last (and final) visit the platter was half empty and the hummus was turning brown at the edges. We ordered the fatoush salad after the first mixed salad never arrived. In the past this was a good choice but this time it came out without any dressing and the croutons were burnt beyond recognition.
The one bright spot was dessert. The flan was excellent but it didn't make up for the disappointing experience and high prices.
The restaurant was entirely empty when we dined but the service was still slow.
The owner was walking around the dining room wearing socks and no shoes with a glass of wine in his hand.
I'm still wondering what he was smiling about.
I will no longer set foot in this restaurant and would caution anyone who thinks it is worth a try.
A complete waste of money and an insult on nearly every level.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Aronnax150
Grecia, Costa Rica
“What Gives Here?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

The place itself is beautiful, and very upscale wine barish. I ordered pumpkin soup that was full of grit and way over the top with green peppercorn. They took it back, and it was a bit better second time. Bread (hard to see in the dim light) had mould, and the steak although well presented with potato puree and veggies was bleeding despite my request for "ninguna sangre"..oh well, I was hungry and ate it. Price was steep I thought at $25US for 1 drink, and no dessert. Won't be back, and I won't recommend.

Visited May 2012
4 Thank CajonTraveler
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is a lovely bar/restaurant where the ambiance is unique, luxurious and comfortable.
I had salmon for main course here and was disappointed. Salmon does not need to be smothered in something resembling chimichurri.
Twice I had the cheeseboards - the first time delightful and with a great selection of quality cheeses. The second time a few months later was disgraceful. It was a small selection of three cheap cheeses. This is not the type of low standard I would have expected here.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank ismiseseamus
Pelham, New York
“More of a club than a restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We went here on our first night in Granada. We were quite tired after a day of travel. We ended up walking out of the restaurant without get served after waiting 70 minutes for a fish and salad. They weren't particularly nice when we complained / asked about how long the food would take

Visited April 2012