“Reliable service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of ORO Travel

ORO Travel
Ranked #10 of 44 Tours in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: ORO Travel is Nicaragua's pioneer incoming travel agency offering a wide variety of travel opportunities throughout the country. We offer guided circuits in English, German, French, Russian and Spanish, as well as day tours, fly and drive tours, multi destination packages, Spanish classes, hotel reservations, private land transfers and much more. All tours are customizable to meet the diverse interests of the travelers, whether you are looking for adventure, history, culture, nature, beaches, meeting local people or any other desire. Our professional and friendly staff will meet any request. ORO Travel’s knowledgeable and charming tour guide crew, will offer a unique travel experience in Nicaragua. We also possess our own fleet of modern vehicles which allows us to provide good and comfortable land travel as well as flexibility in planning tours.
Surrey, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Reliable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We used Oro Travel to book accommodation and transportation between Managua, Montelimar and Leon. The driver actually arrived 1 to 2 hours earlier than the agreed time every time. We did not request an english speaking driver as we wanted to practice our spanish and therefore none of our drivers spoke any english. The vehicles were clean and in good condition. While we were still finalizing details, the communication (by email) sometimes took several days but we did make a couple of last minute changes while in Nicaragua and these were fulfilled without a problem. I would recommend Oro Travel and would use them again.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank tiffy67

Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Use another service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

We arranged with Oro Travel to transport us from Granada to Managua in time for our flight home. We arranged this in person with the owner of Oro while we were in Granada, and had paid in advance for the early morning service. We had a confirmation email as follow-up. Forty minutes after the agreed-upon pick-up time, no one had arrived. Thankfully our wonderful hotel staff was able to find someone who would get up at 5am to come and get us, right then, and take us to Managua.

5 Thank oregonstan
Sarasota, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I've used Oro Travel in the past with good results, but this time they let us down badly and I'll never use them again. We were looking for a simple transfer from Managua to Granada, with a stop in Masaya. I arranged for this by telephone and by email one week ahead; my credit card was charged and I was given a confirmation email for the time and place to be picked up. The appointed time came and went. I waited twenty minutes and called them. They seemed a bit surprised and called me back ten minutes later to say that the car was on its way but had been delayed by heavy traffic which was very slow due to an accident. Finally, after an hour's wait, a local Managua taxi showed up and said that he'd been called fifteen minutes earlier by Oro to take us to Granada. Along the way we saw no sign of any accident and traffic was extremely light. My take on all this: they had totally forgotten my reservation and they lied to me to cover up their mistake. Sorry, Oro, but next time I'll use somone else.

2 Thank cbchrc
Reanne_B, Communications Officer at ORO Travel, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
Dear “cbchrc”,

In this way we would like to apologize sincerely for the mistake due to an internal communication error with transport during the busiest weeks of the year!!
We acknowledge our service on that day did not meet the expectations that we normally deliver. As you can see from the rest of our reviews and from your own past experience with us this is not the norm.

We hope you don’t let this one instance change your opinion of us. We pride ourselves on excellent service, which also means being willing to admit our mistakes. In this case we would like to make it up to you by offering you the same service (transfer Managua – Granada) free of charge. Please contact us the next time you will be needing this service and we will make the arrangements.

The ORO Travel Team
Northridge, California, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

My husband wanted to see where some of his family was from so we went to Nicaragua. I don't know the language, so I wanted a reliable tour group. We contacted Abercrombie and Kent who booked us with Oro Travel, and it was a wonderful experience. Martin Haslbeck, our English, Spanish, and German speaking tour director was outstanding. Martin became a friend beyond a tour director. We took an individualized tour to find the house my husband's grandfather and father lived in, and Martin greatly enhanced the experience by helping us do the detective work and talking with the current owners and translating for us!

In addition, our driver, Juan Ramon, was a reliable, knowledgeable driver who taught us a lot about birds!

An unforgettable experience! We highly recommend Oro Travel.

1 Thank Kristin B
Berkeley, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

Oro Travel is a great and reliable tour guide company. Not only did I feel safe throughout the trip but I had the best time. We went to Omotepe Island, climbed a volcano, went zip lining, swam in the beautiful paradise-like Crater Lake and so much more. David Garcia, our tour guide, was incredibly knowledgeable of Nicaragua's rich history, flora and fauna. He is such a charismatic and personable individual. I would highly recommend Oro Travel!

1 Thank Janelle Y