“I learned a lot for a beginner”

Casa Nica Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Casa Nica Spanish, your Spanish language school in Granada, Nicaragua. We are a cooperative of women that has been teaching Spanish since 1998. We tailor Spanish classes according to your skill level and interests, and we make sure that you have a lot of fun while meeting people and getting to know our community through fabulous afternoon activities. We can also provide home-stay accomodations which will further enhance your learning experience while giving you the opportunity to make friends with a local family. And, if you are interested volunteering, we can connect you with our favorite local organizations that do amazing things to improve our community.
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I learned a lot for a beginner”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I came to Nicaragua with the hopes of learning some Spanish, being that what I learned in high school did not stick with me. On my first day I could not speak a complete sentence, but my wonderful one-on-one teacher Katia had me holding conversations by the end of my 5th day. I would absolutely make this school a stop if I returned!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jamie F

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Casa Nica is the best”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I had one-on-one classes with an intuitive, fun, sensitive, and smart teacher for two weeks, four hours a day. I was sad when my classes with Raquel were over. I had an excellent home stay with a delightful Nica family. Also Marlon taught me lots of Nica birds, Vanessa and Raquel lead us on many exciting "adventuras," all of which greatly improved my Spanish. Raquel fit my lessons to my level of Spanish and my personality. I wish I could have stayed longer. Now at home I see that Casa Nica kicked my Spanish to a whole new level.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Christine D
Prescott, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Right price, good lessons but no follow through :(”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My boyfriend and I spent two weeks studying at Casa Nica. We each paid $100/week which was a great price. The teachers were flexible and friendly. We enjoyed our lessons for the most part, the teachers listen to our desires and directed the lessons appropriately. The school is a little small and sometimes can be crowded with students which makes for a lesson with distractions.
Although we enjoyed our lessons there are two things that we found unsatisfying. 1) Lessons could have been better planned in advance (I dislike when a teacher takes up class time to make photocopies or find material. I think these things should be done before class)
2) Before my last days of class I asked my teacher for a certificate and she said of course. Unfortunately, on my last day she failed to have this ready for me. I gave her my email and she promised to email it to me the next day but no luck. It has now been a month and I have emailed several times asking for the certificate and she still has not sent me one. I am disappointed in their lack of responsibility in this regard and find it disrespectful as I was hoping to use it in my portfolio.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank onlinepersona
Sacramento, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Spanish Lessons”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This was my second stay at the school and I wanted to return because I learned so much the first time. I spent a few weeks at the school and enjoyed every minute. The teachers were friendly and easy to work with. I got to know other students from different parts of the world which made the trip even more exciting. I learned a lot during my stay and highly recommend it to those who sincerely want to learn Spanish in a relaxed comfortable environment.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank brokermlt
Granada, Granada, Nicaragua
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Very happy with this school”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I am working in Granada, and decided to buy a package of twenty classes at Casa Nica, to work on my grammar, and try to up my level of Spanish. I just completed the hours, and am buying a new package. They are flexible with your schedule, and will find hours that work best for you, and make it as spread out or condensed at you like. My instructor, Alvaro, really knows what he is doing, and tailors the classes to areas where I need work. He also can explain any nuances in the language, or rules that I do not understand. In addition the worksheets, exercises, and homework, we also have conversations on a variety of subjects, often related to living in Nicaragua, which has been a great way for my the learn more about where, practice speaking more in depth, and expand my vocabulary. I am noticing a different in my skills for sure, and highly recommend Casa Nica

Visited January 2013