“Great and affordable!”

Ranked #8 of 66 Granada B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Great and affordable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last week in one of the private rooms with private bathroom. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We loved the courtyard and garden as it was a great place to hang out with new people. To be honest, I was a little freaked out by the tiny bugs in the bathroom at first. Realistically, they're totally harmless. Found them pretty much everywhere we stayed in Nicaragua anyways.

Overall would definitely choose to stay here again!

Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hostel is just prefect and I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The location is perfect, just 3 min from the Plaza Central, basically around the corner. So it's really convenient to keep going back during the day if you want to rest. It's a also a short walk to the Calle Calzada, which is the main restaurant strip. Maybe 10 min at the most. If you come by local bus it's probably a 20 min walk up the main road where the market is on the weekend, and a 15 min walk from where Tica and Transnica bus drop you off.
The staff at the hostel is really nice and helpful. It's clean and cosy, as other people commented. The kitchen is a bit old and depending how the guests behave, can be a bit dirty. Bathrooms are clean as well. It would be good to put a couple of hooks on the wall to hang stuff while showering.
I had a flat screen TV in my room with lots of channels which I wouldn't expect in a hostel. So that was cool for chilling in the evening. It was also really nice to have 2 lounges outside, where I took my short sun breaks. There are ca. 3 sitting areas with couches and they're very comfy. Food is also good and averagely priced. They don't include the tax in the food price in Granada.
I would absolutely recommend this hostel. It ticked all the boxes for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Amazing hostel that was really peaceful and quiet! Very clean and the staff was extremely helpful, especially concerning arranging taking shuttles from the hostel to our next destination of San Juan del Sur. Really enjoyed the courtyard and the nice places to sit around the place. The private room up the stairs on the second level was quite nice! Definitely recommend this as the best place to stay in Granada. Affordable, quiet, great location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Great review so thank you very much and we love getting comments for the staff and they have been told to always try and be helpful for the guests to arrange transport or tours and any other things they may need in the hostel.

*NOTE* This guests comments are subjective and his experience with us found us to be the 'best place to stay in Granada'. Before making a reservation with us please go to our website or ask at reception the type of hostel we are and what we offer. Depending on your budget or personality we may not be best for you.
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. To start with, the place is beautiful with nice garden at lots of sofas to hang around. Our room was spacious and nice. The old building itself is so beautiful. But this is not all. The staff was exceptionally and genuinely friendly & helpful. Extremely good value for money. Make sure to book well in advance.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hannover, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This hostel is wonderful: they have different kind of rooms, a big dorm and a nice area in the garden.The hostel has bar and a Restaurant with moderate prices. The guys in the reception was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is not far way from the parque central. I wish i could come back soon...

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
HostalElMomento, Owner at Hostal El Momento, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you Yvonne for your stay and for taking time to write a review, it is true all our rooms are a little different and with different prices. I would say you are also correct about our restaurant prices, we are more expensive than street food but cheaper than many of the restaurants in town.
We too hope you can return.

For any future guests reading this remember her review is subjective and for this guest it was the best choice in Granada, read our blog or send us an email before making your choice of accomodation as we may or may not be suitable for you.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have stayed in 20+ hostels in my travels and this one is by far my favorite! Not only is the place clean, the staff is so kind! I was traveling by myself around Nicaragua (with NO Spanish knowledge) and they were just amazing to me. Not only did they set me up with tours, they answered all of my questions (and I had a ton) and were just extremely professional.

The owner is extremely kind and professional as well and set me up with a car from the airport in Managua to the airport. You can tell that he takes his business very seriously!

I felt extremely safe here and would recommend this hostel to others! Great location as well!

Room Tip: I stayed in a private room but I heard the dorms were quite nice!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
What a wonderful review and thank you for being informative and personal also, I will pass this onto our staff although they do get told this many times and it is good for motivation.
We are lucky to have staff that can speak good English and they always want to practice anyhow but not everyone can speak Spanish.

Your comments mean alot to us as these are things that are important - customer service,cleanliness, comfort and security.
We hope you get to return.
Langport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I have been travelling nicaragua and of all the places I've stayed, this hostel is by far the best. Great atmosphere, clean and reasonably priced rooms. Stunning garden and relaxing areas to chill out in, the perfect location in granada which is a beautiful city. Great tours to book and such friendly and helpful staff. I am staying here again this week because I love it so much. Don't waste your time looking anywhere else, if you come to granada you will not regret staying at El momento!

• Stayed March 2014
Well we are more than happy that you took time to write nice words about the hostel and the staff, they will be pleased to hear this.
Some of your comments are repeats of what we have heard before but it is always nice to hear them again and know we are continuing what we set out to do when we opened.

For future guests these comments are subjective and for this guest it was the best hostel she has stayed in Nicaragua, we may or may not be what you are looking for when coming to Granada so send us en email or read our blog.