“Really nice book store with a great selection of English language books”
Review of Lucha Libro Books

Lucha Libro Books
Ranked #4 of 15 Shopping in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucha Libro has the most complete selection of books in English in Nicaragua and the best selection of books about Nicaragua in the world. T-shirts, hats, patches, stickers, organic coffee and coconut oil, water refills, postcards, postage, handmade bags, vintage Nicaragua collectibles and much more are also available.
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We agree with other reviewers. This is a gem of a find in central Granada. There are many titles to choose from, including a wide selection of gudebooks and maps, which were hard to find in the states. If you're just hungry for a good book, there is sure to be something of interest here. Like many places in Granada, the stair way to the street is steep! It's just the way it is.

1  Thank Camera425

Reviewed 16 February 2013

Good place to find your next book for your vacation. They have a lot of books and is properly the best book shop in Nicaragua. The prices is logicly more or less like in the states. The service is good and you can always have a good conversation with the owner.

Reviewed 16 February 2013

By accident I found this wonderful bookshop in the Central part of Granada. They had a huge collection of books from all over the world. It was easy to find new books for the vacation. The owners know quite a lot about books and music. It is a visit worth.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Wandering through the streets of Granada feeling a little homesick I ran across Lucha Libro books and my mind was blown. In a country with almost no English books wandering into the store was like being transported into an oasis!

There were a huge range of books neatly arranged, more than I could dream of reading for the next decade. The owner Troy was on hand to chat me up and offer quality suggestions. I left with two classics and a guilty pleasure, all books I'd wanted to read but never made time for.

Of all the amazing things I've seen since I started travelling south of the border who would have thought a bookstore would make my top 10 list? Lucha Libro is a must visit!

2  Thank Devan S
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I left the UK 7 years ago to move to Nicaragua at a time when most, if not all, of the independent bookshops were closing down. It is therefore truly amazing that a bookshop of this quality and with this huge range of books seems to be making a go of it in Granada. Troy stocks not only the stuff you would expect (ie travel guides, light fiction) for travellers but a wonderful collection of history books on Nicaragua, Latin America generally, US foreign policy, even climate change. If you are in Nicaragua and want to be better informed this is the place to go.
I should add that I own a Spanish school and now buy the resources for the school, including dictionaries, grammar books, Latino novels in Spanish at Lucha.
Now one of my all time favourite places in Nicaragua, and I have quite a few!!!

1  Thank paulettelamariposa