“Great Selection”
Review of Lucha Libro Books

Lucha Libro Books
Ranked #4 of 15 Shopping in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Lucha Libro has the most complete selection of books in English in Nicaragua and the best selection of books about Nicaragua in the world. T-shirts, hats, patches, stickers, organic coffee and coconut oil, water refills, postcards, postage, handmade bags, vintage Nicaragua collectibles and much more are also available.
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I figured Granada would be the place to find books in English and with Lucha Libro I was right. They have a great selection of English-language books. Many of the best writers in the Spanish language are featured, e.g. Bolano, Fuentes, Vargas Llosa, Garcia Marquez, Paz, etc. Also, used books for cheap. I picked up a used copy of Don Quixote for $4.
Expect to pay higher than average for a book, but that's the tax you pay for not being able to read in Spanish! Both new and used selections are available.
Definitely stop in.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

I had expected to have Nicaragua blow my mind but I was in no way prepared for the atomic mind explosion I received after walking though the doors at Lucha Libro Books! The selection of titles is overwhelming! How one store could hold so many gems is testimony to the tireless effort put forth by owner Troy. His knowledge of not only the classics but also the massive amount of Latin American literature I found to be second to none. After losing myself in conversation for well over an hour with Mr. Fuss I felt I almost should have been charged a cover for such an entertaining experience. A trip to Nicaragua without a stop to LLB would be a travesty!

1  Thank Louie S
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Lucha Libro is the place to get used and new books in Granada. They have a great selection of new and used books and is the perfect place to stop into if you need a great paperbook to read on your travels. Also, the owner is a pleasure to talk to!

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

It was a real treat to browse the shelves. Good selection for me as I am well versed in Central American literature. English and Spanish books available. I also enjoyed chatting with the owner, seemed very knowledgeable. Will recommend to friends.

1  Thank Laosadelnorte
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We agree with other reviewers. This is a gem of a find in central Granada. There are many titles to choose from, including a wide selection of gudebooks and maps, which were hard to find in the states. If you're just hungry for a good book, there is sure to be something of interest here. Like many places in Granada, the stair way to the street is steep! It's just the way it is.

1  Thank Camera425