“Expensive Street food”

El Camello
Ranked #20 of 168 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Greatest hits menu from around the world. From falafels to sizzling beef teriyaki to Memphis dry rub ribs and everything in between. Everything is made fresh here from scratch. Great value!
Granada, Nicaragua
“Expensive Street food”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The food is mediocre for moroccan street food. It is expensive and portions really small.
There are places with Nicaraguan food that are half the price and twice the portions at every other corner.
Everything is pre cooked, so nothing is made to order.

• Visited December 2012
7 Thank KimK31

Houston, Texas
“Best food in Granada, great owner!”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I ate at El Camello one night in Granada with a few friends, and we were beyond impressed. Everything was absolutely delicious, from the Camel Toe appetizer, to the vegetable curry, and Kafta. Who would of thought an Australian/Canadian ex-pat would end up making delicious Moroccan food in Nicaragua?
Portions were a good size, I was beyond stuffed when I left. If you go to Granada, you have to try El Camello!

• Visited November 2012
Woodstock, Canada
“Great Canadian Guy”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Interesting menu, curries, falafel etc. not typical for the area but its really good food!
Leroy is a gracious host with a great sense of humour!

Visited December 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Delicioso!”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

My friend and I stopped in El Camello by chance after we ran into some friends the night before who raved endlessly about the food and insisted that we patronize the restaurant before we left Granada. Well, we did and it was everything they said. The food was delicious. I had the green curry which was flavorful and had just the right amount of "heat" for my taste. My friend had the red curry and enjoyed her dish as much as I did mine. The atmosphere was inviting and pleasant and the owner, Leroy, who came to our table briefly to speak with us was very friendly and funny to boot. The prices were perfect - an appetizer, entree and drink cost me less than $10. Who can ask for more?

• Visited December 2012
Granada, Granada, Nicaragua
“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

If you are going to Granada this is a restaurant I would not miss. The food is incredibly fresh and tastefully done. If you are looking to drink they also have a phenomenal white sangria. If those two things aren't enough Camello has a good location and a great atmosphere. So stop by, say hi to Leroy, and if he has a special make sure you order it.

Visited December 2012