“Used two different years”
Review of Nicaragua Escapade

Nicaragua Escapade
Tyler, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Used two different years”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I have used Rodolfo and his crew during two different Granada trips for transfers,four day trips and an overnight trip to Ometepe.. Each activity was a stand alone so I chose him over others on each occasion. His english is good, he is never late, his prices are competetive, knows his stuff and frankly we just like the guy.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Felschurch

wyoming
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“rodolfo is the best”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

my daughter and I spent 8 days in Nicaragua all done with a few emails to rodolfo. we had a wonderful time and all the planned activities were great. every suggestion he made was worthwhile. don't miss Ometepe!

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nicaragua Escapade Day Tours”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

To those with an open mind looking for adventure, new places, new experiences, excellent food, and discovery of the unspoilt beauty of Nicaraguan culture, Nicaragua Escapade Day Tours are for you. If you want value for money, a good holiday, and to feel good, Nicaragua Escapade Day Tours are for you. Perhaps you want to rest in a hammock, climb up a volcano, stretch out on a white sand beach, , zip-line, kayak, or walk in the forest, or get your shot of culture by visiting Leon Cathedral or Leon Viejo, then, whatever you want to do, ask Rodolfo Ortega of Nicaragua Escapade Day Tours, and he will fix it up for you. Bring your kids along. Visiting Nicaragua with Nicaragua Escapade Day Tours is a first class educational experience for them. For us older folk, who need peace and quiet, this Nicaragua Tour Company has what we need. Just ask.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank aijundavidhall
Irvine, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Can't say enough about Nicaragua Escapade!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

Wow, where do I start with this company. When we were planning our trip to Nicaragua, I really did not want to drive- I'm not big on driving in foreign country's where I don't know the laws, how the roads are, etc. We had been told about a few other companies, but the transportation was SO expensive. Then I stumbled upon Nicaragua Escapade in a Trip Advisor Forum. I was a little worried because they did not have their own Trip Advisor site (now they finally do- awesome!). But their prices were incredibly reasonable, and they offered many different trips, so we decided to look into it.

I probably emailed back and forth with Rodolfo, the owner, 20-30 times before we even made a reservation. We kept changing our itinerary as other parts of our trip changed. He was very patient with us, and every time responded politely, happy to give us the information we needed. I got the sense that he really wanted to help us make our trip great. Even after we finally committed to our reservation and paid the deposit, we had to make a change, which he graciously accommodated.

We ended up using him for 3 private transports (San Carlos to Granada, Granada to San Juan del Sur, and then San Jorge to the Managua Airport), as well as a full day tour of Masaya. We were lucky enough to have the same driver, Julio, for all 4 items. Julio was friendly, funny, and generally interested in making sure we were enjoying our trip. We really enjoyed meeting him! Ramon, our guide for the Masaya tour, was like a walking history book. I don't think there was anything about the history of Nicaragua that he didn't know. When the tour was over, he even offered to accompany us on a horse-drawn carriage tour of Granada to give us more history. They also stopped by a Liquor store for me so I could buy my Flor de Cana. They went above and beyond to make sure we were happy.

All in all, I would say booking with Nicaragua Escapade was one of the best decisions of our trip. Their pricing was INCREDIBLE compared to the other companies. For one of the drives, they had to drive 5 hours to pick us up in San Carlos, then 5 hours back to Granada. They go all over Nicaragua (even to the Corn Islands on the East Coast), so make sure you look them up when you are planning your trip!

Visited August 2012