“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
Hostal Entre Amigos
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed for 3 nights, and since is a small hostel you really feel a home. Its not noisey. There are fans in the rooms and for me it was more than enough to cool down the heat. The kitchen was well equipped and the staff is great!. I also believe the location is very good, its on a calm street and you are very close to all stores/banks etc.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

During my stay there was a day guy and a night guy and both were friendly and very helpful, calling tour guides I asked them to call because I could not find the office, they even called and ordered me a pizza one night. The location is safe for a single female traveler. The amenities include free wifi and they have a few old netbooks you can use whenever and even take to your room if you want (served my basic email checking purposes). They also have a dvd lending library, tv and such that another guest liked but I didn't use them. The rooms are fan only but I slept well, the bed was comfortable and the sheets were cool and soft. The shared bathrooms leave a little to be desired. I may have missed one somewhere but I saw only one toilet for everyone and I had to wait to use it. But the shower stalls are separate and there are at least two of those and I never waited. The kitchen is clean and well stocked for cooking. There is free coffee in the morning and free water at all times. My room for 1 person was $12USD night during the peak holiday season (Dec 2013).

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Livingston, Guatemala
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A lovely clean hostel that charges $13 a night to stay in a double room. There is a kitchen and drinking water available. The place in comfy with a nice court yard for eating and relaxing. It has a great location, just outside of the hustle and bustle so that you get a good nights sleep but close enough for a pleasant walk in - very close to the chocolate museum!

A lovely gift shop where everything is home made. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We were originally staying in a different hostel in Granada, which wasn't awful but the dorms were unbelievabley hot and the other guests were inconsiderate. Immediately the next day, we found this place (there's 3 of us) and got a private room for 27/night (private bath and tv with cable included!). We had to move to another room because our current room had a reservation, so we moved to another room that was $24 for 3 (no bathroom or tv, and with bunk beds). The owner/manager said we could have the other room back the next day and apologized but we didn't mind just staying put. The dorms are $5/night and there's a lovely courtyard, a small kitchen, free water, a tv area with DVDs, free mostly dependable wifi, and the reception doubles as a cooperative shop filled with awesome recycled gifts from local artists at good prices. It's definitely one of the nicer more relaxed hostels I have stayed at! The water was out for several hours, which was the only thing to semi complain about, but that's not the hostels fault, it's the local municipalities. The guests are mellow, the vibe is nice, it's close to parque central, and they have 2 fans in all the rooms! So necessary!!! Stay here!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Only stayed a night but Cesar was so friendly that it made it seem I'd been there a lot longer. The room I was in was pretty basic (i.e. a double bed and a fan), but you don't really need much else. Cesar who runs the hostel & the shop was extremely friendly (some good chats about his taste in indie music!) and helpful (even not charging me for using the bike as I'd only been out for a couple of hours). Overall, a pretty decent place if you want to just take it easy for a day or 2 after SJDS

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Rakefet
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hostel has great rooms and great prices, free water and great atmosphere. This is NOT a party hostel and the common areas are great for socializing and relaxing. The owner is very helpful and gives you all the information you need including DIY options for trips around. I highly recommend the hostel.

• Stayed November 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My husband and I spent 4 nights in this nice place and that is why I would like to give my review, in order to see it improving!

The rooms were really nice and big enough for us, with two good fans and wifi. The staff was really friendly and gave us many tips to visit Granada and the surroundings.There was free water too, many flyers with tips, books and a couch with a TV, DVD and many movies to watch.

There were only two problems. We love to cook and the kitchen was really dirty unfortunately. And there was not enough utensils to cook properly. There was no fork and knife to eat and some more things were missing. We could solve this problem with our stuff but its not right if the hostel offers a kitchen. We've been to many hostels with really good kitchens, so we know that even with the bad travelers it is possible to keep rules and a clean place. Another unpleasant thing was that someone, probably another traveler, just changed our food, which was in the fridge, form one closed recipient to another. We think he/she wanted to use the recipient we were using. The problem was that our food was left on the fridge without any cover. Maybe there should be written on the walls that people can not touch what do not belong to them. This is definitely not cool!

The other problem was that there was almost no water in the sink, which was hard to do the toiletry. If there is a bathroom it mus have enough water for everybody.

We would come back but it would be perfect cook with more pleasure next time!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family