Casa Xanadu
US$73
  • Pool
US$63
  • Breakfast included
Il Padrino Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$48
Hotels.com
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
US$360
US$350
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshigh ceilingsroom suitespeaks perfect englishan excellent tour guidewater coolerjacuzzi tubevery morningrooms are largecity squaretwo twin bedspueblos blancosevery requestbeyond the call of dutylocal artpool arearelaxing staykathy's waffle house
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I initially booked Xanadu I was amazed at the speed with which the hotel staff (Marlene) contacted me with confirmation. Within minutes of my email I received a phone call reviewing my needs. When I later responded to Marlene saying how impressed I was, her response is: "You are special to us and you deserve special service." That pretty much say it all.

When it comes to accommodations, there seems to be two kinds of thinking; there are those that say, "the room is not all that important - it's just a place to sleep," and then there are people such as myself, where the accommodation is an integral, even essential part of the overall travel experience. That is Casa Xanadu.

Xanadu is not simply a luxury, affordable and gorgeous property - it is a destination. Our air conditioned room was enormous, lovely appointed right down to extraordinary fine imported sheets and furnishings, a staff that seemed almost in competition to make you're comfort a priority, and an owner that kept in touch on a regular basis to confirm all was well. The public areas are simply lovely, with the long atrium foyer with fountain, along with the incredible pool, and a central location an easy 2 block walking distance to the center of town, makes Xanadu a worthy "destination" while visiting Granada. A wonderful travel experience.

2  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently spent a week at Casa Xanadu, and it surpassed our wildest dreams! The Casa is a converted colonial style home, it is beautifully built and decorated with high quality finishes. You feel like you are living in a palace. The staff is not only efficient and talented, they are a pleasure to be around...the smiles are genuine. We got to know Doug, the owner, and Marlene the marketing manager...they both treated us like family. We learned so much from Marlene, she is so knowledgeable about Nicaragua and its history, as well as all the nearby points of interest. She helped us book several outings that were wonderful. Both Doug and Marlene added a personal touch to our visit. We felt well cared for always, and would definitely recommend Casa Xanadu to anyone traveling to Granada.

1  Thank Wendy O
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Our room was truly a spectacular colonial experience, with tall ceilings, nice bed, beautiful art, jacuzzi tub, very clean room, strong A/C, large flat-screen TV. On top of that, it was very quiet--the quietest room we've ever had in Nicaragua. There are only 5 rooms in this hotel, so not too many people. The pool was nice to cool off, although a lot of debris floating in it that we had to dodge when swimming. Marlene and the staff were super nice and helpful. Unlike most hotels, I wasn't able to book online, and had to make phone calls and send in a deposit to hold the room. The location is one of the best in Granada because it's a quiet street across from San Francisco Church, and still only 3 blocks to the main restaurant area--just far enough away not to be bothered by the noise. The only disappointment was the lack of hot water. The "hot" water was tepid, at best, not actually hot like all the other hotels we've stayed at in Granada. With such a wonderful Jacuzzi tub it would have been nice to have a warm bath, but alas the Jacuzzi turned out to be mostly more for looks rather than usefulness. I leaned toward rating it a 4-star because of the lack of hot water, but it had enough other positives going for it that I decided to rate it as excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Kublai khan suite. It was beautiful.
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was the perfect place for my large family to stay while in Granada. The rooms are huge, clean and well-appointed. In fact, the pictures here really don't do it justice, as it's a very pretty little haven hidden in the city. I wish we could have stayed there longer and used it as our home base for the whole week. When we needed groceries, they got us groceries. Feel like a bottle of wine? Doug will take care of you. Don't want to go out to dinner? They'll shop and make you a home-cooked meal (I recommend the fresh garlic branzino). All-in-all, the staff made us feel like it was our own home, and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank OnTheGo6Kids
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Casa Xanadu was the perfect choice. I traveled to Granada with my family and friends.
The staff of Xanadu was amazing! Marlene helped us arrange transportation for us. Maria cooked for us the best breakfast ever and always with a smile. Thank you so much Maria for everything.
The rooms/house were all beautiful, big and wonderfully decorated.
We were impressed and so thankful to have chosen this hotel.
My family and friends came to Nicaragua and fell in love with Granada and Casa Xanadu and their people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leongab
Douglass H, Owner at Casa Xanadu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I must thank all of our guests for their wonderful comments on their stay at Casa Xanadu. What stands out are their comments on Xanad's staff who cares for our guests so well that they refer to them each by name. Wow! I can't remember a place I've stayed where I remember anyone by name.