“Dinner with friends, bad experience!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 155 Restaurants in Granada
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Granada, Nicaragua
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner with friends, bad experience!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

The Restaurant itself looks nice and the staff are excellent. However the food quality was poor and the cost was exorbitant. My friends and I will never eat there again and we live in Granada (ex-pats).
Initially there were 2 of us for dinner and we ordered a mixed grill for both of us. A third friend joined us and we asked if it was too late to upgrade that dish for 3. We were informed it was not and relaxed with a drink waiting for the food.
When it arrived I thought there was a mistake .... but there was not and things went downhill from there. There were 3 small and very thin pieces of chicken, beef and pork ... along with 2 sausages cut in half and 3 small pork ribs. With this came a plate with 1 small amount of rice (enough for one person at any other restaurant) and 2 small portions of mashed potato, vegetables and salad.
We brought up the problem with the food .... there was enough there for one big eater ... or maybe 2 if they cut back on what was eaten ... but 3???!!! No way!!!
The meat was cold and was sent back .... it came back warm but not hot, but so dry and tough we did not eat most of it. Gave it to the dogs by the table. Paid and left after voicing our disapproval.
For what we were supplied none of the 3 of us would not have paid more than 300 Cordabas (Local Currency) and this is from experience and eating out often in Granada and Managua ... and then only if the food was of good quality, which this was not!!! Our bill ... 750 Cordabas for the food.
I felt sorry for the waiter .... it was not his fault ... he only worked there and he was a nice guy.
My other friend had eaten there in the past ... and said the food was ok but a little pricey, although he had never ordered the mixed grill before. After that experience none of us will ever eat there again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve C
kedeke k, Owner at Kedeke, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello Steve,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry and surprised about your comments regarding the quality and quantity of the food as we have many customers ordering the Mix Grilled and not once in almost 2 years, since we have open the restaurant, have we had a complaint. The Mix Grilled has 9 oz. of chicken, 9 oz. of beef, and 3 filets of pork (approximately 5 oz.), 3 ribs (8 to 10 oz.) 3 sausages (7 to 9 oz.). All of our dishes are garnished with rice and salad or mash potatoes and vegetables, according to their choice, the portions seem to be sufficient to most of our customers. Some big eaters do order an extra side order.
The waiter only mentioned your complaint about the quantity, should I have known about your insatisfaction about the quality I would have been pleased to remediate the problem. I wish you would have spoken to me or the cook, as we make it our duty to care, please and satisfy our customers. It is not the first time you eat at our restaurant, so I am astounded about your strong comments as I assume that if you came back is because you liked the food and were satisfied with the price and quantities.
I trust my response

Calgary, Canada
“great atmosphere, mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Dinnertime on Granada's main restaurant strip is magnificent. People bustling about, tables in the street with enchanting aromas of different types of food, and restaraunt staff aproaching you from every direction to consider their menu. We chose this restaraunt as we saw most of their tables were full with people enjoying their food and beverages.
Their house wine (they say) is French. Your choice is by the glass or by the bottle. At least for red there were no other options. It was okay. We started with the wine mussels. The seasoning was good but the wine tasted rancid. My partner ordered the penne Bolognese. It was definitely al dente with extra tooth. The sauce was not bad but more like a greek or possibly cafeteria fare. My mushroom beef fillet was 3 thin slices of beef (not sure how they could make it the ordered medium rare as they were so thin it was carpaccio or cooked, period. It was drowned in a mushroom, and, you guessed it, the same rancid wine sauce.
I wiped off the sauce and took the meat to feed to the stays (I feel it a shame to waste food, especially in a developing country).
The price was reasonable assuming the food was good. The waiter was excellent and tried his best to serve us well.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank sunshinyday69
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I had the chicken in curry sauce and my partner had the beef steak and neither of these particularly stood out. They were tasty enough but portions were not overly generous for the price, the vegetables were really quite hard and lacking in flavour and it was quite simply, just okay.

Also, as we were leaving, I noticed a sign for a 2 for 1 promotion on glasses of wine, I was surprised that the waiter hadn't informed us of this. He was also very keen to sit another couple at our table before we'd even stood up!

Visited December 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Great ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Take the time to check out the art on walls. Kind staff who keep the sellers under control gently. We did not eat but the food looked great and everyone was pleased. Just super pleasant.

1 Thank YvonneLynnK
kedeke k, Propietario at Kedeke, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you so much for your review regarding the art, I particularly appreciate as I am the owner and artist. We will be pleased to welcome you back for dinner to try any of our meals.
Have a beautiful day.
Great Bend, Kansas
“There is better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Comparing this restaurant with other's we ate at while in Granada, I would have to say you can do better.
The server of course recommended the fillet, because it was the most expensive thing on the menu, and he said it was a "grande" (large) mignon. What they served were three bacon wrapped fillet medallions that I swear came straight from Omaha Steak (not dissing OS, just saying - frozen mail order?)
they are on the main street (Calzada) and have a nice atmosphere, (we sat outside), and the service was good, including this little guy guarding our table the whole time (see pic).

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lenmax
kedeke k, Owner at Kedeke, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate criticism as it serves to improve our service.
I would like to rectify that our server did not recommend the Filet Mignon simply because it is the most expensive ítem on the menu but rather because we have repeted clients coming back for it.
The 3 medallions you were served weight 12 ounces in total, which is considered a large amount of meat. Most restaurants will serve 6oz or 8oz or 12 oz.
We will be pleased to welcome you again in our restaurant, should you come back to Granada..