La Gran Francia Hotel y Restaurante
US$81
US$79
US$77
Agoda.com
Hotel Patio del Malinche(Granada)
US$77
  • Breakfast included
US$151
Travelocity
US$118
US$87
Hotel Casa Barcelona(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$34
Hotel Granada(Granada)
US$102
US$67
US$82
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Il Padrino Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$47
Hotels.com
All reviewsseparate buildingbeautiful hotelantique furniturehotel restaurantthe main squarecolonial architecturecourtyard gardenvisited granadathe ground floorcentral parkthe general managerhot waterroom was largethree nightsplunge poolbreakfast is servedfantastic stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2011

My husband, 22 yr old daughter and her boyfriend stayed for two nights, one of which was my 50th birthday. This is a beautiful colonial building with large style, comfortable, clean rooms. We had an issue the first day with the a/c not working and it was extremely hot. We reported it a second time and still was not fixed. The next day we reported the issue again and they moved us to another room. The a/c was also not working in this room. We were moved to two more rooms after that. A little frustrating as we were trying to get ready to go out for a birthday dinner. The manager came to our room at the last room and tried to offer us a gift for all the trouble. We settled on drinks at the bar. However, they surprised us at the bar with another gift (for the birthday girl) and asked me to please accept. The next day the general manager had arrived from Spain and came directly over to our breakfast table to apologize for such an inconvenience. She was extremely professional and wanted to be sure that we did not leave their hotel unhappy. We would go back again and highly recommend their hotel and dining room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Griswolds3
Reviewed 5 February 2011

A/C didn't bring the room below 80 degrees-They said they were fixing it. Later, they said that it was working despite our complaints. Torn and stained towels, broken lamp. Lots of the staff speaks English. They say yes and do nothing to deal with the problem. We know that this hotel has a good reputation but we don't know why.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I've stayed at La Gran Francia for two years in a row with our Board of Directors for our Annual Meeting. The hotel is lovely and quaint, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating. A big plus is their conference facilities. Traveling with a group for a meeting to a developing country can be stressful, particularly when you need to rely on microphones, a screen, computer hookups for presentations, etc. The services at La Gran Francia have been excellent. They haven't missed a thing and they were willing to set everything up so we could test things the night before. And it's a great space with character as well – not just your average austere hotel facility. The whole group has been very happy with their stays there. This time we had some trouble with hot water for showers, which they were able to fix. You may want to emphasize that hot water is important to you when you sign in (-; The place provides a really nice regional breakfast in a courtyard space. But our 1 experience in the restaurant for dinner was very poor. Eat at El Zaguan or the Garden Cafe instead. Oh – and I always suggest bringing earplugs when traveling! If there's roadwork, church or it's a weekend night ... you will hear it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2011

I visited Granada after the bar exam and stayed at the hotel (a Nicaraguan friend's recommendation) for few days. The rooms are beautiful, rustic with incredible attention to detail, spacious and air-conditioned. The staff was so friendly and accomodating, which was great because we arrived fairly late. The breakfast was typical of the area, not anything fancy, but definitely yummy. Our room also had a cute little patio overlooking the plaza, which was really nice in the morning. We had dinner at the restaurant adjacent to the hotel once, and it was great! We would have come back for another dinner, but we wanted to check out other places. I highly recommend it for an authentic and a little more upscale and elegant meal. An added bonus is the history of the hotel. I think it was a former French duke's home and even has an old prison now used as a bar. The upstairs has a wrap-around balcony that overlooks the plaza and you can have cocktails up there and do some people watching. Not sure about internet--i dont bring computers when i travel for fun....but i remember seeing people with them in the lobby. The restaurant is located right next to the hotel and both are owned by the same people. We loved it so much we will be visiting again next January. I also hightly recommend having vigoron (yuca, chicharron, and vinegary salad) and cacao in the plaza at La gata's (just a little hut). we loved it and no one got sick. ask about it at the hotel or restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 January 2011

What can I say this place is 100% Amazing!!! I give it 5 Stars and thats only because I can't give it 10 stars. Not only is the hotel very beautiful with very spacious clean rooms and located in the perfect place in the center of town. Not only is the hotel way under priced, with a complete feeling of being totally safe but the staff is amazing, they remember your name and all your preferences. They anticipate your needs and exceed all of your expectations, they know every place in town to go for food or play.(It was about 2 hours before my best friends wedding, I pulled my all white lien suit of of my suit bag for the all white wedding theme, only to find it was very crushed from traveling, I franticly ran to the front desk then realized, I had no idea how to say "can you please press my suit?" in Spanish, as I gave my best impression of pressing a suit the front desk guy smile and said in perfect English "don't worry Mr. Collins,we can press your suit as he motion for a young lady in hotel uniform to come over, she took my suit and assure me it would be back in time for the all white wedding. Completely relieved, I walked across the park to a near by hotel where some of the other wedding party were staying.When I returned about 30 min later as I entered the hotel the front desk gentleman said Mr. Collins, your suit is in your room. Unbelievable I thought that's what you call service.) We also had a dinner party next door at their restaurant for over 40 ppl the food was delicious service was immaculate and all drinks poured over filtered ice. I couldn't imagine staying at a different hotel the next time I am there...Make sure you ask for the hotel manager she is great and runs a hotel where to say that they aim to please and exceed your expectations would be an understatement.THEY GO WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND!!!! I love this place so as the titled stated "THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE"

• Stayed: January 2011