“The warmest caring hotel!”
Review of Casa San Francisco

Casa San Francisco
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
Calgary, Canada
“The warmest caring hotel!”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We recently stayed at this quaint hotel and loved it. The rooms are not spacious but adequate. The staff exceeded any expectation we had. The tours offered by the staff were excellent. A drink out front is a must, watching the action is highly amusing (never know what is coming down the street). The restaurant is excellent and provides varied cuisine. The most impressive thing about this hotel is the caring staff. My husband required an emergency root canal, they made all the arrangements - including an English speaking driver to help with any required translation. We will be back again and would not hesitate to recommend it to family or friends!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Slovak first
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 9 August 2011

When I returned to Granada the third time, I was with my girlfriend, so we stayed at a much nicer place. Casa San Francisco is in a quiet neighborhood very close to the city center -- the perfect location. The staff is helpful and kind and the atmosphere is superb. The courtyard garden is breathtaking and the rooms are comfortable and simple. It is definitely expensive by Nica standards but well worth the splurge. They are recommended by Moon guidebooks and take full advantage of it by raising their prices and having the books for sale in their expensive gift section. They helped us to arrange a kayaking trip through Las Islitas that was fabulous.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bellini23
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is our second time here, the first time we stayed at the annex, this time at the main building, both are excellent. The annex is more cozy and private but the main hotel is also very agreeable. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. We travel by car, the hotel has no parking area but they do have an arrangement with a nearby parking lot which is good enough.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 July 2011

My friend and I travelled to Granada from the Washington DC area and landed at this amazing boutique hotel. Small hotel, but lacking in nothing. The most attentive and kind staff, lovely comfortable rooms, lush gardens and a refreshing, beautifully tiled pool. The hotel retains all the flavors one goes to Granada for. You feel as though you are living in a stunning colonial home. Although this hotel is just a very short walk from one of the main streets in Granada, it is the most ideal and quaint place to stay in quiet relaxation. Each room is lovely with beautifully tiled bathrooms - and if necessary, air conditioning - although not a necessity at night due to the open indoor/outdoor living concept in Granada and the lake breezes.
Oh, staying at this hotel comes with a gym membership to a spa/fitness center up the street a block. Added plus here and the messages are to die for.
If this alone doesn't make you want to rush out to this small hotel, they also encompass one of the very best restaurants in the city of Granada - bar none. Los Chocoyos is the hotel restaurant and you will be hard pressed to find more delicious and beautifully presented food in town. Yes, Granada does have very good restaurants, but this is not to be missed. SInce it is off the beaten path, a few do not know about it, but if you stay at this hotel or not, you must come for the food. And it is not strictly Nica food, but recipes from around the world - enhanced by the owners incredible world travels. Delicious fresh spring rolls to incredible chicken curry arriving at your table cleverly disguised in a hollowed out pineapple.
My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Granada - a city with the most helpful and caring people we have come across. Casa San Francisco Hotel & Los Chocoyos helped to make out trip perfect.

Room Tip: Every room is a Great room!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Wow! Where do I start? My husband and I went into this hotel thinking we were only going to stay for three nights max and we ended up staying for seven!!! This hotel is so superior to the rest and for such a great price!
The hotel staff was the friendliest we have ever encountered. Claudia greeted us when we first arrived and was more than willing to show us a variety of rooms. We stayed in one room for a few nights, and due to personal reasons, I wanted to changed rooms. The staff had no problem showing us more rooms and gave us no grief about switching. The breakfast was so filling. Jason, our server, was wonderful. After he found out I was pregnant, he would add an extra piece of fruit to my plate and tell me it was for my baby! How awesome! The barman was great as well. After tasting tasteless lemonade throughout the city, he made me the best fresh squeezed lemonade even though it wasn't on the menu! He smiled and said he could make me a glass!
Casa San Francisco's owners are well connected throughout the community and can arrange a variety of tours for you. They have an AMAZING tour guide named Giovanny who is so knowledgeable. My husband and I spent two whole days with him and he was a wealth of information.
The price of the hotel even includes a gym membership! Honestly, what hotel does that?!?! It's great! They also allowed free international calls and free use of their computer with internet for those of us who don't travel with laptops. Additionally, their little pool is great for relaxing and staying cool.
Honestly, don't stay anywhere else. COME HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Ask to see a variety of rooms to get the best one.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Nicaragua, Granada
Have you ever been to Nicaragua? If not, try it. The journey to this Central American country can become one of the unforgettable in your life. This year it was my 3d time there and I will tell you more, I plan to be back there soon again. Nicaragua one of the poorest country in the region but local, people, nature and general atmosphere make it absolutely adorable.
In Nicaragua you can find almost every kind of active and leisure activities: sea, ocean, lakes, jungles, small villages and colonial towns.
My favorite places there are Granada and Laguna Appoyo, Ometepe Island and San Juan del Sur.
Granada. Highly recommended place for active vacations. Small, colorful colonial town filled in with friendly atmosphere created by local people and expats who live do business there.
Perfect place to stay is small hotel “Casa San Francisco” owned by two American sisters who not just do hotel and rental business but take very active part in social life of Granada and solving problems of local people.
Hotel itself is not big, but all rooms are decorated in different style with decoration and furniture brought from different parts of the world. Small but very green and blossoming patio yard plus swimming pool give a great possibility to relax and chill out after bright and sunny days
When in Granada don’t miss an opportunity to visit a restaurant at the same hotel (Casa San Francisco). The chief name is Octavio and he’s a real genius of cooking and presenting his masterpieces. He cooks sharing his soul and every dish from him weather his is local taco or exotic to some extent lobsters are really something different.
I’d like to devote couple words to the hotel personnel. First of all they all speak English, they’re very kind, responsible and always ready to assist with any of your desires. Melissa, Claudia, Maria, Giovanny made my time in Granada unforgettable. They always were ready to give a helping hand, doesn’t matter what I needed at that moment: medications from local drug store, personal tour to Mombacho volcano or just a recommendation of where to have dinner tonight or exchange money.
I’d like to express my sincere gratitude to Terry and Nancy (the owners) for working with their personnel and finding right ways of motivation.
If you travel with a big group of people, I’d recommend you to stay in the “Attachment”: just around the corner from Casa San Francisco a real colonial style house which has three separate bedrooms with private bathrooms, swimming pool , kitchen and millions of small and not too small things brought by the owner and thankful guests from all over the world.
Thirty minutes drive from Granada and you’ll find yourself in virgin-like place Laguna Appoyo. I’ve spend there only one night in the hotel/bungalow named San Semion.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrodovskyS
MInneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 May 2011

I enjoyed very much staying here and out of all of the restaurants that I ate at this one was the best and we kept coming back here for dinner. The location is excellent as well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family