We called Casa San Francisco (and a bunch of other places) on our way to Granada and were relieved that they said they would be able to accommodate us during a very busy time in the city. We made arrangements over the phone and took a taxi there specifically. when we arrived, with all our things, the woman at the front desk gave us a rate $10 higher per room than the rate we were given on the phone. She also said that tax would be added to the room rates, when the phone conversation made it pretty clear that tax was included (we travel a lot in Latin America-- this is an important question to ask at any hotel).
When we explained that we were quoted a different rate by someone else, she called the other woman on the phone and asked her about it. From hearing her side of the conversation, it was clear what happened-- the woman who quote the price made a mistake. This woman must not have expected that we understood her Spanish, because when she hung up, she accused my friend of giving her the wrong price!
The other woman, who I think is the owner, Kim, came to the desk and explained that she had made a mistake and would have to charge us the higher rate anyway. She was not apologetic nor did she seem to care that we had confirmed a rate and then taken a taxi there specifically and had very few other options. We left and stayed elsewhere
The problem for me was not that she made a mistake, but that their solution was first to purposefully try to blame us for misrepresenting a conversation, and then when that didn't work, to not take any responsibility for the error. It was a pain to trek around with our bags to find another place (which wasn't as nice, honestly) but we didn't want to condone this sort of business practice. There are plenty of places in Granada to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa San Francisco is a small charming boutique hotel located in the centre of the colonial city of Granada, in Nicaragua. Our guests enjoy not only the different atmosphere of each 9 fully equiped rooms (A/C, hot water, TV and cable) but also the delicious international cuisine of our restaurant Bocadillos, a tapas restaurant and bar, as well as the refreshing swimming-pool and the worthy views from our roof-top terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa San Francisco Granada
- Casa San Francisco Hotel Granada