“Hotel review”

GreenLeadersGold level
Glendora, California
“Hotel review”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My husband and I enjoyed 5 nights at Casa San Francisco Hotel, Granada, Nov. 27 through Dec. 1,
2012. The hotel has a prime location (and still is quiet) within two blocks of the main square with the cathedral. The property is lush with gardens, and the rooms are nicely decorated behind a lovely colonial house.
One of the two owners brought her two talking parrots to breakfast each day to entertain us! This owner formerly from San Francisco (USA) served in the Peace Corps and then government administration in all our recent war zones—stories of uncovering mass graves, etc. Their huge, delicious, included, traditional breakfasts will be an event!
Her sister and co-owner retired from United Airlines, so you will be in good, travel-savvy hands here. The desk gals are eager to answer all questions as well.
If we return to Granada, you will definitely find us at Casa San Francisco Hotel!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Slovak first
Venice
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I had the good fortune of staying one month at this excellent boutique hotel while taking spanish classes in Granada. It's friendly owner, Terry, made me feel like a guest in her home from the very first day. She and her sister are actively involved with many good projects in the community and are a hub for the Granada expats and volunteers. During my month, they generously hosted both a Day of the Dead celebration and a Thanksgiving Dinner for 50 which included many past and present Peace Corps workers and other area volunteers. The staff were all helpful and friendly...especially Jason who cooked the most amazing breakfasts and automatically brought out a full thermos of hot coffee no matter what time I showed up each morning and the always smiling Maria behind the desk. There are many good hotels in Granada, but this hotel has the biggest heart and made me feel at home. Really loved it, Thank You!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Boston
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here for two nights and I like the beds, I was happy because I asked for extra pillows and they brought them to me. The air conditioning in our room doesn't cool very well, so I told the staff and they sent someone to our room right away, but they didn't fix the air. We were in an end room and they didn't turn on the lights in the walkway, so it was difficult to see at night. We would turn on the lights when we reached the switch, but the lights were turned off soon after we closed our door. The owner and staff are very nice. I had the steak at the restaurant in the building and it was so good and tender. The water sprays all over the bathroom floor if your not careful.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
helena g, Gerente at Casa San Francisco, responded to this review, 19 December 2012
Thank you for your review. I just wanted to add some extra explanations about the A/C. In fact it was working fine but the remote control was set to work in the automatic program, which works from 20C on, but if it is set at a lower temperature it doesn't turn on. Our failure was that we did not explain this, I hope this comment will help us not fail again in this sense. We take note about the lights during the night and about the courtains in the shower, thank you for your recommendations.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stayed in this hotel only for one night but this hotel was very good. It's actually very european and clean. It has a small pool where you can cool down after a long day at the center (it's not for actual swimming, only for cooling..) The showers were amazing! Kingzise beds, very good breakfast, nice owner and parrots :) The location is very good, just a walking distance from the center but the area is a little bit more quite.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Costa Rica
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I always use Tripadvisor to choose my hotels and I couldn't have made a better choice!
Feel so happy to have discovered this nice boutique hotel. Rooms are spotless clean and with a personal touch decorated. Each room has a balcony and the communal top roof balcony is an extra treat! Breakfast is super! Especially the Nicaraguan breakfast (gallo pinto) is very rich and tasteful. Best coffee I ever had in Nicaragua! Staff is very friendly and helpful. This boutique hotel offers a perfect service at all levels for a very acceptable price. I was lucky to meet the owner, Terri. Very special and interesting lady who has a big talent for interior design. Without doubt will stay here again during my next visits to Granada.

Room Tip: Every room is different decorated in this boutique hotel. I had a glimpse in some of them, they all...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Calgary
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Enjoyed staying here, really pleasant; especially happy to have a balcony. The staff were very nice, the owner, Terry, very interesting. Her parrots were hysterical - listening to them was like being at a cocktail party. If I return to Nicaragua, I'll stay here!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Branson West, Missouri
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We spent several days at Casa San Francisco and totally enjoyed the visit. The staff are exceptional in their efforts to meet your every need. the hotel is spotless, well organized and well run. The rooms were perfect in every way and the housekeeping staff did a fine job. The restaurant served excellent food. I will certainly stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business