“Felt like our home away from home”
Review of Casa San Francisco

Casa San Francisco
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 August 2008

We stayed five nights in August at the Casa San Francisco annex. The annex section is basically like staying as a guest in the owners home. Our room was large and had a private bathroom and a/c located in the back of the courtyard. Terry, the owner, is very gracious and basically invited us to make ourselves at home within her home. The annex section is great for families and our two children were able to spread out a bit if someone wanted to watch tv for awhile and someone else wanted to read.
My husband and two children enjoyed playing street soccer with some of the local children and we enjoyed having all the space and the refreshing pool after a hot day touring the sights of Grenada.
The restaurant serves excellent food, the hotel and annex are in a great central location withing walking distance of the San Francisco Convent and many, many wonderful restaurants.
I can't recommend this property enough. Everything was perfect and I would definitely stay here again.
Terry puts her heart and soul into this place and you can tell. She even thanked us for staying with her and told me it was a pleasure to have my family stay there. You will feel a personal touch if you stay here.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank playa4ever

Reviewed 6 August 2008

Casa San Francisco was the first place that I stayed at during my trip to Nicaragua. As I knew it was supposed to be one of the best places to stay in Granada, my expectations were high. By the end of my stay (a total of three nights), I was hugely enamored with the place. Here's why:
a) the rooms are very well decorated with cool tile floors and local art
b) the bathrooms are clean and very attractive - they also have brightly tiled floors and walls
c) the AC was nearly silent and amazingly effective
d) there was an incredible selection of channels on the TV (not a huge deal, but a really nice perk)
e) the complementary breakfast is brilliant - eggs, fresh homemade bread, beans & rice, a pitcher of coffee, and tasty fruit
f) everyone who works there (front desk, bar, waitresses, cleaning people) is kind, friendly, and hugely helpful
g) the garden in the center of the hotel is full of cool birds (love birds, parrots, etc) and is very beautiful - a fantastic place to enjoy breakfast in the morning

Overall, this place is fantastic. An excellent place to make a base for travels all around Granada and surrounding towns. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank Evelyn A
Reviewed 5 August 2008

At the beginning of my trip to Nicaragua I stayed 5 days at Casa San Francisco. The experience was so wonderful that I arranged for two more stays during my holiday. Every time all the friendly, helpful staff provided incredible service. They answered all my questions, gave travel advice, arranged trips for me, and were wonderful people to spend time with. When I came back for my third stay it was like coming back to family. The rooms were very comfortable and well decorated. The free breakfasts were always a treat and Octavio the cook prepared amazing meals. I will share one of many stories I could tell about these special people. On my second visit they arranged for me to go watch their local pro baseball team play. Unfortunately, the game as rained out. On my third visit as I was walking thru the city Osman , the bar man, saw me and got off his motorbike to welcome me back. When I returned to the hotel he had arranged for me to go with Octavio to a playoff game that day. Octavio waited while I got ready, paid for the taxi, bought me a beer and was very reluctant to take any money. Casa San Francisco is an amazing Hotel

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed 5 August 2008

Wish I had found this place earlier in my trip. It's location (central, but quiet) and facilties were excellent and the charm involved in the decorating simply made this my favorite hotel in two weeks in Nicaragua.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 12 July 2008

What a great hotel. My sisters and I had a wonderful time at Casa San Francisco. The staff was helpful and welcoming from the moment we arrived. The beds were comfortable, we had A/C when needed, the room was clean and the furnishings were done in quiet good taste. The cuisine from the restaurant was excellent; we ate breakfast there daily and had at least four other meals there. Staff members arranged for excursions and transportation, which made our visit so easy. I can say that our visit to Casa San Francisco and Granada was one of the best experiences our lives--everything was perfect. Terry has a great establishment, and I have already recommended this hotel to my friends in Arizona.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Casa San Francisco is a beautiful oasis in the beautiful city of Granada. The owner is a very friendly, hospitable and worldly woman who makes you feels at home instantly, and is a wealth of information about the area. The staff is friendly, the decor charming, and the hotel is secure and safe, I would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 12 July 2008

I had such a wonderful experience at Casa San Fransisco. We felt so safe and taken care of while we were there, that we started refering to it as our home away from home. The staff and owners are some of the nicest people we met during our twenty two days in Nicaragua. We stayed there for our first four nights, and had the pleasure of two more short visits throughout our stay. We had planned on staying there for our last night before flying out, but arrived in town a night earlier than we had booked. Not only did they find a place for us, but they went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. I would not only recommend staying here, but I believe you would miss out on an amazing place if you pass it by. Love to all at Casa San Fransisco from Erin, Darren and Stella

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family