“GREAT little hotel, very clean and comfortable, nice employees”
Review of Casa San Francisco

Casa San Francisco
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights in January 2014. By far, it was the best hotel I stayed at while in Nicaragua. Very clean, nice rooms, good breakfast, nice decor, even a little pool. Owner of the hotel is great and an RPCV. Employees are all very nice. Great little bar with good drinks and happy hour specials, owned by a friendly American couple. HIGHLY recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Wonderful place to stay, from the super helpful and friendly staff to the great restaurant with tasty tapas (try the short ribs!) and the great location. We stayed at the annex, just around the corner, and felt like we were in heaven. Our 3 and 5 year olds were so happy with the huge pool - the only "drawback" was I had trouble convincing them to leave the hotel! Happy kids = happy parents. We also love the outdoor kitchen and living rooms. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, as well as at the main hotel though the pool is much smaller.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nomi21
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed at hotel Casa San Francisco for four days in January in room I stayed at hotel Casa San Francisco in January in room number one and again in February at the hotel annex for another four days. At first, I was disappointed when I found out that room number one was not available because I wanted to have a romantic retreat with my husband; however, to my delightful surprise, the honeymoon suite that the owner gave us at the annex was an upgrade. The suite was larger than room number one with hardwood floors, nice appointments and a tub for two. It was also the only room on the second floor with a small veranda overlooking the swimming pool. The pool is also larger than the one at the hotel Casa San Francisco. I saw that there were other rooms on the ground level but these were standard double rooms. The other big plus of staying at the annex is the spacious living area around the pool. If you must have a television set in your room, the annex is not for you as the only television set is in the common living area of the house.
Room number one in Casa San Francisco is on the second floor and has a four posted bed frame with a mosquito net. It had a sizable closet with a safe deposit box on one shelf. There was comfortable space around the bed and a small private courtyard balcony off to one corner of the room with two chairs and a perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine or a private place to sit and email your family and friends. Unfortunately, somehow I could not get a good internet connection in the room.
All the people at the front desk were very helpful, courteous and polite. They happily booked all my tours and arranged for a shuttle service to San Juan del Sur.
Breakfast was included in the room number one rate and there were several choices to pick from; however, if you were a larger person, you would be left wishing for more toast and a bit larger portion of "gallo pinto".
I can't sign off without mentioning the delicious tapas from the bar and restaurant "Bocadillos" at Casa San Francisco. All the tapas were delicious but in particular the short ribs; and they will bring all your drink and food orders to the delightful rooftop deck.
My experience at hotel Casa San Francisco and the hotel annex was so wonderful that I will look forward to returning in the future.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Staff very helpful and bi-lingual. Met one of the delightful owners- wish we could have stayed and chatted more. The bar staff were very engaging and gave some wonderful recommendations for dinner. Breakfast at the inn was wonderful. Room was beautifully decorated and quite with a extremely efficient air-conditioner. We had the pool all to ourselves and was great for a dip to lower body temp and relax after a day of sightseeing. We will stay there again!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Stayed in Granada for two nights in April 2014 at Casa San Francisco. The location is great about two blocks from the Centro. It is right next to the waffle house which is great also. Good service and super friendly. Rooms are nice but not lavish. Very clean and everything works well. Quiet place that makes for a nice get away from the noise of the city. One morning I was sitting in the lobby next to the dining area waiting for a table at breakfast. The owner saw me and she served me breakfast and sat down to chat. She is a charming woman who is a bleeding heart liberal that almost made me join the peace corps with her wonderful stories and spectacular life. I am not sure if we agreed on anything that morning, but it was a wonderful conversation with a fascinating person. Her charm is clearly shown in her hotel. Little nooks with books to read, a nice clean pool, small bar and great service. I have not stayed anywhere else in Granada but I was very happy here and felt that I got a great deal, and I am pretty picky.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Great ambiance, fantastic food, and lovely accommodations. Stayed here for our last night in Nicaragua and did not regret it!

We were so glad we decided to eat at the hotel's restaurant Bocadillos too. Really tasty tapas. Do not miss out on the bread pudding with ice cream!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Alohaqt44
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at this warm and friendly hotel. Everything about it was enjoyable; a convenient location, a beautiful room and comfortable bed, a good breakfast, and most of all ... AMAZING staff. Everyone treated us so well, with nothing being too much trouble and answers of "yes, of course!" to any request. In our short time there, we felt like we were leaving friends, especially Janeth, Jenny, and Chris, who were just lovely. Thanks for helping to make our visit very enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple