“Quaint Inn in Quaint City”
Review of Casa San Francisco

Casa San Francisco
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City
“Quaint Inn in Quaint City”
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Casa San Francisco was an adorable Inn with a lovely courtyard, small pool, breezy terrace and lots of pets-squirrel, parrots, and turtles. The breakfast included was delicious. The owner was very helpful when I was planning my trip and gave advice about other places in Nicaragua. It was on a quiet street away from the crowded city square. It was a nice find. I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Slovak first
Zurich
Reviewed 23 April 2009

We stayed in Granada towards the start of our honeymoon and were made to feel truly welcome at CSF.

The room was lovely, with a beautiful little balcony, and the hotel and courtyard garden area were great to spend time in.

Hotel is centrally located close to bars and restaurants of town centre although the restaurant in the hotel was one of the nicest meals we had in nicaragua.

Service was great and staff were very helpful to find a driver for us to san juan del sur during samara santa.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2009

The custmer service at Casa San Francisco was absolutely amazing. When we arrived we did not expect to be completely taken care of like we were! The rooms were cozy and clean, and the outdoor garden could make you want to sit there all day! This hotel also offers, in my opinion, the best menu in Granada! I spent my last day in granada in the garden and never wanted to leave! Also, be sure to check out their beautiful gifts in the lobby!

1 Thank reneedidio
vancouver
Reviewed 16 April 2009

HOTEL CASA SAN FRANCISCO, GRANADA. I was traveling as a single female in Nicaragua. I loved the Corn Islands and Laguna Apoyo was by far my favorite place, but, that the STAFF at Casa San Francisco was so terrific I extended my stay in Granada! They were the VERY best and made all the difference for me. I felt welcomed and safe in the Hotel. It was full of Character, I loved the picturesque atrium with live birds and a waterfall, the food and bar were excellent, and the bartender always remembered my drink and name! Management was superb and I highly recommend it.CASA SAN FRANSISCO made my trip!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
Hadley, MA
Reviewed 8 April 2009

What a wonderful and charming place to stay in a beautiful colonial city. This was a lovely place to end our central american trip....Nancy the proprietor was great as was the staff.........Granada, the hotel and location are all very convenient to the center. The hotel had lots of nice touches, decor, ammenities. Excellent service, delicious breakfasts, hummingbirds. Ask for Giovanni for a tour of the isletas and Maya Volcan. Excellent food at restaurant.

Memphis, TN
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I stayed at Casa San Francisco for several days on a trip to Granada, Nicaragua. Faciliteis are great--hot water, air, restaurant, close to open air market, etc. Service was outstanding, particularly Dana. She is Canadian and obviously speaks fluent English. Pools is big plus especially with a Mohito late afternoon. Hotel is close to everything. Local market is very facinating and has everything imaginable. Hotel arranged for driver,Oscar, and he was great. Took us to Masaya shopping and also to and from Managua. Hotel and driver were real value.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MemphisTravel1
New York
Reviewed 11 March 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Casa San Francisco for a week last summer and it was easily among the most pleasurable hotel experiences that we had during our sojourn in Central America. The Casa's Spanish colonial design is very charming, but it was the pleasant and helpful attitude of Terry and the staff that made it a real find, not to mention the delicious food in the kitchen. We were enchanted and would definitely stay there again if passing through the Gran Sultana again.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple