Hotel El Club
Hotel Colonial(Granada)
US$75
US$73
  • Pool
Il Padrino Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$49
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
US$354
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshot water was spottysaloon doorslaundry serviceair conhotel is locatedyogurtnice hotelplunge poolfew blocksfew dollarshotel roomno windowthe main squarerooms are cleanshower headcentral americabreakfast was included
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Newer caring, friendly ownership since most of these reviews. The atmosphere was quiet and tranquil as there is no longer loud music at El Club. Great for pleasant conversations in the bar or the courtyard area. Staff was wonderful. Can't emphasize enough how great they are. I spent 10 nights and felt like "family" when I left. Excellent location. I walked everywhere from the hotel and felt safe day or night. Super location. I checked out many other hotels while in Granada and none compared for quality and price. I am coming back in June and will definitely stay at Hotel El Club.

Room Tip: Check out Hotel El Club specials.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank 19,622,010
Reviewed 25 January 2011

Thanks for a really great time for the new year, stayed for 10 days and yes the bar is loud, but its a bar. stayed there because its a great night spot and the staff is great. its central to everything and the rooms don't break the bank. if you are looking for a slow time and meet nobody, not have a vacation to remember then stay someplace else, because here you will meet great local people and have the time of you life. All you have to do is let go and enjoy your time.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed here for three nights with my girlfriend and we had an amazing time. Granada really is an awesome place to visit. The hotel did not have our interest in the first place, but it was so good that I strongly recommend to all of you who go to Granada. We found the hotel when we passed by and saw the promotional sign. The location of the hotel is really good, just five minutes away from the centre; you don't have to take a taxi or something else. The prices were excellent; we just paid US$35 per night for both. The quality of the room was good, enough space for both of us and pretty light, I do not like dark rooms. However, there is not a door between the bathroom and the hotel room and that is something that I did not like. The service in the hotel is great; the reception staff was kind enough to tell us where to go and where to take a bus or a taxi. Moreover, the lunch menu was great. At our last day there was an open bar or something and that was pretty cool as well.

What I like most is the atmosphere and the relaxing patio where you can hang out and that it was affordable. It is too bad that we did not stay longer, because Granada is amazing and this hotel was perfect for me and my girlfriend!

Thanks Laura for everything! Best regards Wim&Fen

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2010

This hip hotel was very comfortable and centrally located. I was there on a Monday and Tuesday night. I found it through the 2006 Lonely Planet guide, and the room price ($23) was about half what was listed. The room was a perfect size for a solo traveler with good lighting and nice tile work. Staff were accommodating. Beautiful courtyards for lounging around. Very basic breakfast. It is a few dollars more than other budget options in the area with twice the comfort. Check out the restaurant two doors down that grills beef and chicken which you can eat on a sidewalk table.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I enjoyed El Club Hotel. It is in central area of Granada, and has a good atmosphere, bar and food. My room was clean and the air conditioner did come in handy. Like everyone says, you might want to reconsider staying someplace else, from Thursday till Monday, if you are not going there to party. That's true. The music, during the parties, is turned way up, and stays on until 1 or 2 AM. I stayed there (January, 2010) for the parties and was not disappointed. It is around the corner from the Bearded Monkey Hostel, which also has a fun bar scene. It is a few blocks from the main square (Kelly's Bar) and has a lot of dining options in the neighborhood. Hotels on the quiet side that I would recommend (for people that want to sleep) might be Casa Vivaldi or Hotel Granada. I used both of their pools, and thought that the people at both of these places were very friendly, as well. There are a lot of very inexpensive rooms for rent (starting at about $10 / night). During my stay, I saw a few of them, and they were not that bad. For a fun bar scene try Casa Bohemia, a few blocks away. Though generally a safe City, use common sense wandering the City at night. Travel in groups, and use of cabs might be recommended.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo