“great hotel in granada”

Hotel Patio del Malinche
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Great staff, very friendly and professional. They were always helpful with getting suggestions about how to arrange day trips as well as places to visit in Granada. Jessica was wonderfully helpful. Even before our trip began, the correspondence between us and the hotel re: reservations and transportation needs was consistent and rapid with great service. The hotel itself is beautiful, quiet, and clean. We would DEFINITELY recommend staying here and if we are back in Granada, this is where we will go.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed 3 nights, Very comfortable rooms, good a/c, internet, hot water, Great Rooms!
Old colonial courtyards, peaceful, refreshing pool, Fresh fruit juices at the bar were delicious.
Nice breakfast, fresh fruits, eggs ect. Staff was very friendly and professional.
Just a short walk to the Restaurants and Main Square, very safe.
Great value

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at Hotel Patio del Malinche for 3 nights in March 2014. When planning our trip, we were originally supposed to stay somewhere else, but due to the other hotel being booked, we ended up here. So happy that it happened! This was by far the best hotel that we stayed at in Nicaragua. Rooms aren't large, but they are immaculately clean and comfortable. Breakfast is delicious -- you get to choose from a few different options. Also, if you are getting an early start before the hotel starts serving food, you can request an early breakfast, which is made up of a sandwich, coffee, and juice. The staff is very nice and accommodating. They know their guests and check in with you every time you walk in. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

A lovely hotel, wonderful colonial surroundings, in a very good location, with easy access to the main Granada areas for food and activities.

The owners are wonderfully helpful - with great local knowledge and the hotel employees are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

And I could go on and on. This is my second trip to Granada and I am so glad to have found Hotel Patio del Malinche; it will my go-to place from now on. It is centrally located only one block from the main tourist drag, has a good sized pool, is elegant in it's colonialness, and the room was - like the rest of the place - spotless. I've saved the best for last, though. During the day you'll find Edwin at the Front Desk and his personality is welcoming; plus his assistance in many many changes to my reservation completed promptly and with a fantastic attitude. All of the folks I met who worked there were very helpful. Bonus: I had to leave very early - on my way through the breakfast area I discovered that Edwin had managed to order a wonderful takeaway sandwich for the bus trip home, plus a totally unexpected thermos of coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice to enjoy before I left the hotel. The night desk person helped me find a taxi for a ride to Ticabus, and I was on my way smoothly. The entirety of the hotel was gracious, quiet and welcoming. There are two computers available 24/7 and breakfast is included in the price. Can't do better, in my opinion. I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: I don't believe there's a bad room... of course it's always best to be upstairs rather t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Niki S
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Just book this hotel when in Granada. Its perfect for loads of reasons. Authentic charm, very comfortable rooms, a refreshing pool, cute gecko's running on the walls at night, a delicious breakfast, impeccably maintained, ... But it's the details that make this a superior hotel. The genuine smile you get from everyone, the towel that is always provided when you take a swim (they seem to sense it when your toes touch the water) and the best one, they bring you a lamp with extension cord when you're reading in the garden and night begins to fall...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a very comfortable and relaxing stay at Patio del Malinche where we stayed for four nights during our two week honeymoon to Nicaragua. Our room was very clean and comfortable, courtyards and gardens were beautiful, staff were very helpful and friendly and breakfast was delicious. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple