“Nice and clean but a little overpriced.”

Hotel Patio del Malinche
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 21 August 2009

So, it was a few blocks from the square, clean, safe, quiet and with an interior pool that was just perfect. Breakfast was fresh and hot everyday and the garden patios (there are two) we nice to chill out in. Rooms have great AC that cooled the room down fast (remember to turn it off when you leave as electricity in Nicaragua is very expensive). TVs were small and a long way away if you are one of those people that have to watch a little at night before going to sleep (like me). Proprieters were very accomodating and the staff was as well. I thought the mattress was too hard and the shower barely provided enough water cover. Otherwise, a nice hotel and worthy of a stay. Business center was one computer but there is free wi-fi throughout so I can call that a business center.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 August 2009

Good location. Is very quite, confortable and relaxing.
Is very clean and realy nice.
The breakfast is generous and exquisite.
The owners and the staff are friendly and profetionals.
For sure we will come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Clean, charming, beautiful, big rooms, nice breakfast, good location, really a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2009

My fiance and I stayed here when we visited my sister who was doing the Peace Corps at the time in NIcaragua. This was our "fancy" place on this trip becuase we roughed it the rest of the time so maybe that could be a reason that I LOVED it here. But I don't think so- I think it's just a clean, charming little hotel. The owners were really sweet and genuinly seemed to care about what was happening in the place.

The rooms were kind of small but we really only slept there. (remember it was my sis and my fiance and I) The AC was blasting which was a nice change too.

The breakfast is so delicious. Fresh fruit and yummy coffee. We didn't drink all that much there but when we did the drinks were fine- no complaints.

It's a great location becuase it's a short walk or cab to the center of granada where there are tons of restaurants. My only complaint is that the chairs by the pool are a litle uncomfortable. It wasn't that big a deal though.
\
I would stay there again if I went to Nicaragua.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

We spent 2 nights at this hotel during our visit to Nicaragua. We enjoyed our stay here. The Spanish couple who are the owners of the inn are very gracious and attentive to their guests' needs. The small hotel is centrally located - about 2 blocks from the main plaza. Even though the hotel is in the center of town, the rooms are away from the street past the courtyard of this colonial building. Plenty of good restaurants within walking distance.

The rooms are small, and water pressure in the shower is not great - minor issues that should not deter anyone from visiting this enjoyable inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at Patio del Malinche for three nights at the beginning of the month and had a great time. Granada is great city located in close proximity to several national parks. We loved our stay at this hotel and highly recommend staying here. The rooms are very clean and air conditioned and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The owners of Patio del Malinche went out of their way to help us plan our days and gave us great recommendations including the night tour of the Masaya Volcano. Two great bonuses include the delicious breakfasts in the morning and nice pool to swim in at the end of the day. We enjoyed Casa San Francisco for dinner.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

My wife and I stayed here for five nights. It's located about 2 blocks off the main square and we were glad to get away from the hustle and bustle of the square. We surveyed several other hotels while in Granada and were very pleased with Malinche. We appreciated the pool. We had hoped for a larger room, but didn't spend much time there anyways! Friendly and enthusiastic owners from Spain.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple