Hotel Plaza Colon
US$92
US$90
US$91
US$75
La Fortaleza Granada Resort(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$77
US$155
US$108
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada(Isletas de Granada)
US$380
  • Breakfast included
Il Padrino Hotel(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$44
Hotel Terrasol(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$30
US$29
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Pergola(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$46
1,129 results
All reviewslarge balconybalcony roombeautiful hotelbreakfast buffetmade to order eggsthe main squarecentral parkperfect locationpeople watchinghorse drawncourtyard poolcarriage ridewelcome drinkrental carcomfortable bedslight sleeperloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is the place to stay in Granada. The hotel is on the main plaza with everything in walking distance. We had the room with the balcony rm 208. The room was very clean and had air conditioning and a ceiling fan to keep your cool from the tropical heat. Another plus was that it had hot water in the shower and two water bottles. The balcony was great with views of the plaza and the people walking around, Word of warning the balcony is great but can be noisy late in the night and early in the morning. There is a hall the next building over and they had the music going till 12:30pm so if your a light sleeper you might want an interior room.
I want to thank everyone who works at the hotel as everyone was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I'd not traveled to Central America before, and to be honest, I was a bit weary of the heat, humidity, vendors soliciting for business, and all that when we arrived at the Plaza Colon.The accommodating staff stored our bags until check-in time, then showed us to a lovely room on the second floor. The courtyard pool area was so restful and cool that we had a hard time leaving to sightsee! We enjoyed a macua (the national cocktail) at the hotel's bar and delighted in the breakfast buffet after a great, quiet night of sleep. My traveling companions both speak Spanish but I don't, so I appreciated that the staff are bilingual, and the business center allowed me to check in with folks at home by e-mail. My daughter selected this hotel because of its ecological approach to business and its support of local communities, certainly a plus. This is a very nice hotel and well worth the little bit more money over others in Granada.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed for three nights here recently. What an amazingly beautiful hotel. I loved the outdoor seating at the bar---just sit there and people (and horse) watch.

Breakfast was excellent. The location is perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank YellowSlug
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family and I (2 adults, 3 children) just returned from our first trip to Nicaragua, and are already missing the Hotel Plaza Colon! I cannot say enough good things about this little gem of Granada. Not only was the hotel pleasant, clean, and well presented...the staff were extremely accommodating! (Thank you Virginia, Moises, Carlos, Roberto,Victor, Melson, ETC!) We felt very safe and well looked after.The breakfast was also consistently excellent. This Nicacarguan-owned Hotel also helps to support a local Eco-school as well as taking a strong stand against corruption and any exploitation of children. We actually loved the place so much that we cut short a stay at another location in Nicaragua to come BACK to the Plaza Colon...well worth it! It's an easy spot to base for many excursions...although my children would have been happy to stay by the pool! Many thanks, and we look forward to next time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My only complaint was that we only stayed for one short night! Very clean, especially in NIcaragua! Probably the best hotel i've stayed in Nicaragua, although it was a steeper price in comparison to other hotels, however for me it was worth it. Their evening food service ends around 9 pm however they will serve drinks all evening and were not offended that we brought our on bottles (they offered us glasses and ice). We arrived at 10:00pm already hot and sweaty and were delighted to sit in the courtyard pool all night watching the stars with friendly staff checking on us once in awhile. It's a two story outdoor type hotel with gorgeous greenery and artwork.

The spacious rooms have large beds, a tv, air conditioning & mini fridge (this luxury is rare!) and large marble bathrooms with hot pressures showers. I think our room was close to the ktichen and could hear some noise through our top window but nothing that bothered us too much.

The small breakfast buffet was amazing and is a mix of western and traditional and changes every day. During our stay, staff prepared eggs and traditional cheese however you want it (I like omelettes and fried cheese). Also served gallo pinto (beans & rice), bread, bacon, cereal & fruits, and a few other things, all tasted fresh and delicious. The staff were very attentive and came around with coffee, fresh juice and water.

The area is in a great location, right in front of a park that offer horse ride tours of the city and nearby chruches and many little stands for souvenirs. Didn't get to enjoy the night life or wander too far off other than a horse&buggy tour. Wish we stayed longer!

Room Tip: Room by the pool if you're up all night, room upstairs if you want rest.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends