“What a surprise!”
Review of Hotel Granada

Hotel Granada
Ranked #24 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have to admit, I always had my doubts because the place doesnt say much from the outside, but wow.... Its huge, beautiful, classy and full of great people. The biggest pool in Granada, the most complete and most beautiful rooms ever. Restaurant is awesome with great prices. Regarding the distance, its 2 blocks from the main bar area, pretty close, but far enough to get some rest!

Highly recommendable!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Stayed for 2 nights in February 2012. At first I was overwhelmed with the size and appearance of hotel. Very good location being just a few steps from Calzada street. Breakfast was excellent with plenty variety. Pool is gorgeous and hotel has lovely gardens. Our room was spacious. The only thing I did not like was how the hotel had many people begging outside of the front doors. Its almost as if they wait for you to come out. Hotel should do a better job of distancing them.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Having just returned home from a 30 day trip and adventure to Granada, Corn Island, San Juan del Sur, Leon and Montelimar Nicaragua, my wife and I had a wonderful experience of this country and its people. No matter what occurred we would not have wanted to miss any part of it.

Our flight from Toronto was booked by me on Air Canada to Miami and then onto Managua by TACA, the flight was smooth and got us in on time.

All of our accommodations, local land transfers and flight to Corn Islands between 5 locations were handled by a very professional local Managua/Granada travel outfit, MP Travel Agency.

Our first destination for 8 days was Hotel Granada in Granada, from this location we explored the city itself and went on two outings, the Mombacho Volcano, the Masaya Market, Masaya Volcano and Laguna de Apoyo.

The Hotel Granada was undergoing some expansion and renovations which did not affect our stay, and will definitely enhance the hotel. Our room was one of the newer units in the expanded wing on the second floor, very spacious, two queen size beds, sitting area, table area with chairs, plasma TV, telephone, great AC and large bathroom. Overall the hotel was very clean and well maintained. Breakfast was included and offered eggs, bread of all sorts, yogurt, coffee and tea, much more than just a basic continental breakfast.

Now to the wonderful, very large, pool and landscaped area, best in Granada and worth the stay, great to cool off in during the hottest part of the day, pool service for drinks and food available.

The Hotel is located halfway between the town square and the lake, right across the road from the Guadalupe Church on calle la Calzada with easy access to the many restaurants and cafes. However, we found that the chef at the Granada Hotel was excellent, the fish, chicken were adorned with tasty sauces not found in any other restaurants and we actually ate dinner here 3 times during our stay.

Of the 5 locations that we visited, Granada is our favourite and number “uno” on the list for Nicaragua, we shall return.

The other location, Corn Island and the Paraiso Resort, San Juan del Sur and the Inn on the Pacific, Leon and the Hotel Los Balcones, Montelimar and the Barcelo Hotel are covered under each of their own reviews.

Room Tip: If mobility not a problem, stay in new wing and large rooms on second floor, longer walk and stairs...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Everything about our stay was fantastic!
The service we received from Winston and the rest of the staff was excellent. They made every effort to be helpful and ensure we were well taken care of, even when outside of the hotel.
The location is great. Close enough to the nightlife to walk wherever you want to go without the noise when you are trying to sleep.
The restaurant in the hotel was great. Not a huge selection, but what they have is very well prepared.
The pool and tiki-bar were awesome. Huge pool and plenty of staff on hand.
The rooms are on the smaller side but nicely decorated and with all the standard amenenities.
The hotel is huge considering the small number of rooms but the decor and feeling of the hotel fits the colonial feeling of the town of Granada.

Room Tip: The colonial king rooms are well worth the few extra dollars they cost
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I travel to Granada for business, I really like this place and it is my second stay here. It has a huge swimming pool which is a salt water pool which I prefer, the property is very large, and it has several restaurants and sometimes it feels endless..the pool in fact is a bit of a walk..but all in all it is very clean and the staff goes out of its way to help, i have to commend Alejandra for being very helpful and she and other staff members speak excellent English. It is located across the street from the cathedral and it is the end of the walking street where there are excellent bars and restaurants. Granada is a great city and this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room with two beds first time but the next time i had a room with a king which i preferred
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed with my wife for our 12th anniversary. I had been to Nicaragua previously and I wanted to ease her into to Nicaragua and this is the perfect place with 1st world amenities. We arrived late on the red-eye into Managua and got a car service to take us directly the Hotel Granada. The staff was alert and polite to check us in even at 3:00AM. The room was beautiful, clean, quite, and comfortable. We awoke refreshed and breakfast was included in our rate and it was fantastic each day. The pool area is spectactular and huge and when you walk around the property you realize it is a sizable resort. If you have any photography skills you will love the sights within and right outside the hotel. The location is great and the closest hotel to the lake and away from the hustle and loudness of the square, which we appreciated being from Miami. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing time in Granada.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This hotel is what we say in the business, a "classic". From the reservations dept, Alexandra Castillo was outstanding. She arranged a car service from Managua that was punctual, friendly, and the driver was very careful. The hotel staff is one of the best I've encountered, from the Front Desk: America, Carlos, Gema and Fernando. From the restaurant: both Rauls were attentive but I have to give special thanks to Don Tito who always had my glass of wine ready for me. The chef Gustavo cooked a terrific chicken soup at 10:00 pm when the restaurant was officially closed. (I eat very late)This was a special act of kindness. After one week I felt I had a new family. The suite itself was spacious, clean and well designed. The pool is the best in Granada and a perfect place to read. Now I look forward to returning next year.

Alex C