“Classical and Vintage”
Review of Hotel Granada

Hotel Granada
Ranked #23 of 45 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Loved this hotel, the location and the service. Very colonial hotel across from one of the first churches in Central America and on the North tip of Lake Nicaragua. The atmosphere almost takes you back in time.

Rooms are big and spacey. My only complaint would be the beds are super hard and lumpy and there was mold in the shower. Otherwise, this is a place I would consider staying again.This was our last stop on the way back from a long Motorcycle ride from Honduras to Costa Rica.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were staying with friends opposite the hotel and went over a few times for the day to use the pool. It's $7 for the day. The only thing is you have to take your own towel. I would have thought that they could provide towels for the visitors. The pool and the surroundings are beautiful, you wouldn't know you were in the middle of Granada.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We booked a king size bed; but they gave us a two beds. Receptionist didn't pay attention to us because she was on the phone with someone else. Until she decided to talk to us, she didn't try hard to make us happy.
Towels and blankets didn't look clean to me. AC didn't cool enough.
Breakfast was ok but not the best. We stayed in another hotel in San Juan del Sur (Victoriano) a lot better.
We ordered a cab, asked the receptionist to call for one she said they don't have the number of any taxi so we had to go across the street under the sun with our bags to seek for one cab.
Location is the only thing I liked.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Lovely hotel, well located, nice building, superb swimming pool with special waters, I cancel my booking and they respect my payment for next month, I got the early bird room suite, very nice and big. Breakfast is excellent, we stayed with my 3 children in one bedroom. Staff is very friendly and cooperative. Free closed parking , excellent choice at a 4 star hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We have traveled as a group to Nicaragua. Our group leader has contact in Nicaragua and we have chartered a tour bus from Costa Rico to drive there, around in Nicaragua and back to Costa Rico. This hotel is a remodeled large mansion. It took many years before the application for the conversion to be accepted and the hotel to be built. I am told that the front of the building cannot be changed but all the interior can be changed in this old part of Granada. It is situated across an old burned out church. It has a very large swimming pool, morning buffet room, large bathrooms and guest rooms. They have to put up a large tent in the front of the hotel to accommodate our large dinner party. While the locals were sitting on the steps of the old church watching us the whole dinner. We have taken walks in the night through the old town and found there are many small bed and breakfast inns with mostly Eastern European staying there. I believe that the price most be good. I have no idea how much this hotel cost for it is a group deal. Interesting city and country to visit. A socialist country. We paid extra money in order to cross the border fast.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor. Nicaragua is a rather hot and humid place. You can request a room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel is expansive, historic, and perfectly located. Walking through the halls reminded me of my trip to Spain. Had I stayed in the normal rooms, I probably would have been disappointed, but I believe I stayed in the junior suite area which had a large room and overlooked a beautiful garden area.

The reason I gave three stars and not four is because the 'queen' beds were just two twins pushed together. It made for a somewhat uncomfortable sleep, as the beds began to separate in the middle of the night whenever we attempted to snuggle together. I couldn't imagine trying to sleep on that more than one night. The room had a somewhat musty odor and the hot water was barely warm.

The pool area was amazing though, and overall it was a very unique hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Junior Suite area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This place makes you feel like you went back in time. Very colonial and rooms are very confortable. This is beautiful place. Make sure to take a horse carriage ride...
Beds are great!!! you sleep like a baby.

Staff needs more training in custumer service as well needs to be more knowledgeble with the hotel's amenities. The restaurant needs an improved menu.

Room Tip: Have them give you a renovated room, away from the paint fumes.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple