“Overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hotel La Pergola
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Granada
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

Really overpriced for the size and amenities of the rooms; the continental breakfast was white toast and a glass of juice

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank danjjames

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Czech first
olympia, washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

We stayed here one night and found the place OK.

The rate was good at about 40 bucks, and the room was clean, but you get what you pay for. Frayed around the edges.

It's close to pretty much everything. Would recommend.

Free continental breakfast was nothing to write home about.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

My travel partner and I did our usual routine in Granada - came rolling in the bus, put on our backpacks and walked around to find our next hotel. And boy, did we luck out with La Pergola! The location was great (about a 5 minute walk from the Parque Central), the rooms were clean, the bed was comfy, and the shower was just... wonderful. After a month of traveling in Central America I'd had my fill of terrible showers, so (while it may be funny to say) this was a real treat. The rooms are a little small, which is why I gave it 4 out of 5, but that was really my only (small) complaint. A nice, light breakfast is included, and the courtyard is a cozy and pleasant place to escape from the heat with a cool drink. If I ever find myself back in lovely Granada, I definitely plan on staying here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
paris
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

I stayed from November 8-9 . It's small hotel, well situated, very clean and attractive.
Inside patio on the ground floor and a panoramic terrace on the first floor with hammocks and luxuriant plants – nice to spend some time there. The rooms are small, new and with air conditioning (silent) included in the price. Cable TV and wifi. The staff is polite and helpful. Breakfast is poor but the coffee is good. Excellent money value. I would return.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2009

We loved our stay in La Pergola. First the hotel is well located very close to La Calzada street but not on the street so it is quiet. Rooms are clean with A/C and TV and there are beautiful gardens and roof terrace to relax.
The breaksfast is included and decent given that it is free. Rooms are airy and not smelly which is one major problem we faced when we looked for rooms, of course there are hotels much nicer with better rooms and pool but overall most of them smell of humidity so ask to see the rooms before commiting to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Hollywood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2009

I was just in Nicaragua all of last week for Semana Santa and I stayed in Hotel La Pergola and could not be any more pleased with this wonderful charming hotel, the staff was so helpful and nice and ready to help me and make my visit to Granada a great one ....I had a great room the hotel has internet service and a great breakfast, very clean and LOVE the courtyard... I could just chill back on the hammocks all afternoon if i could...they had laundry service air conditioning witch was great cuse it was like 95 degrees all week long ..... They arrange a great day trip to the Volcan Monbacho where I got to do there canopy hang gliding tour...AMAZING... what a great Hotel and I would recommended to any one traveling to Granada Nicaragua! A+

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pegasus13
Copenhagen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

I am a fool. Back in 2008 I booked this hotel on the internet. We arrived to the hotel, which is a fairly newly builded colonial hotel. The staff were very nice and helpful. In my family there are 2 teenager daughters with long hair and my wife also have long hair. The next morning my family realized that I had booked a hotel without hot water. As it is a new hotel I thought, of course they have hot water, but no. I was told many times during the 3 days at the hotel, that it is not possible to wash your hair without hot water.
Forgot all about it and in January 2009 we were traveling to Nicaragua again. I booked a hotel on the internet and guess? No La pergola still dont have hot water.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family