“Good location, pleasing ambiance, a bit pricey!”
Review of Hotel Zum Mohren

Hotel Zum Mohren
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Reutte
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I had to stay overnight for a business visit. The hotel was arranged so I did not check others! IT was quite modern in furnishings and amenities. Upon arrival, the hostess checked me in quickly and guided me to the car park of the hotel. The hotel has a decent pool and sit-out around it to chill out a bit. I dined there and was quite impressed by the selection, usually hotels don't offer many choices! Food was good. But the breakfast spread is quite moderate, nothing fancy and wont leave you hungry too!
Room was a double bedded one, comfortable linen and well furnished.
Overall can't complain as I did not pay, but for the quality I would pay max €75. But since it is one of the few, I guess everywhere it will be the same!
Is located in a middle of the town, so its easy to walk out and grab a couple of things if needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank parsin
There are newer reviews for Hotel Zum Mohren

Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have been there for 3 days, due to we got a trip for a gift and this this the only hotel in the programed .
We pay 129 Euro a night for a double room

My point of view , expect they have swimming poor and sauna as amenities, If not it would only can count like 2 star hotel.

We arrived at noon and no body at reception and we wait for a least 10-15mins for looking for the staff.

The owner show me her unfriendly hospitality with a angry face , no idea how to handel our check in with the holiday voucher.
and no other info have mention to us eg : our breakfast time , when their garage close at night that you can not park. how to access internet.
only gave as the key and tell as where is the garage.

The first night the room on the upper floor made huge noise which sound like renovation at 6 am in the morning, call the hotel, the owner said she is there but she heard nothing , ask her what is going on , the only answer I got is '' I DONT KNOW '' '' I DONT KNOW '' '' I DONT KNOW ''............

We have been to many different kind of hotel in Europe , If this call 4 start I am really wondering Le Meridien Vienna , Grand Hotel ...........

I highly recommend the hotel auditor should recheck one more time that do they worth that 4 start.

Room Tip: they are many hotel around, dont have to be this one.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mccm11
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We visited with friends for a relaxing break. The local area is perfectly set up for visitors with lots of activities during the day; including walking skiing, skating and sleigh rides. During our short stay we only had time to try some of the things on offer and it looked like we could have filled every hour of the day.

Our room was comfortable with breathtaking views of the mountains.

It was a lovely surpirse to find that the hotel has one of the most relaxing spa areas that I have ever visited. It has a medium sized pool, two sauna and a steam room as well as a choice of areas to relax. Perfect to visit after a strenous day in the mountains.

We ate in the resturant twice. On both occassions we ordered from the ´resturant´menu. The meu was a good mixture of local dishes, well cooked and presented beautifully. The attention from all the staff was professional and welcoming. They mde us feel so comfortable that we ended up staying at the table past midnight both times.

One small point. If you are an ex-smoker you might not appreciate the fact that the owner likes to smoke his pipe indoors. On the other hand if you like smoking it might make you feel even more at home.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We visited Reutte for three days for our holidays. This hotel was recommended to me by my colleague. Our staying at Hotel Zum Mohren was a very pleasent . Hotel was very nice and having a good staff for assistance. For me staff can make or break the hotel. Luckily here the staff was excellent and thus we enjoyed our stay here. We liked very much the breakfast served in morning. The time passed there was really a wonderful and memorable. I will recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Just back from a tour to see the Oberammergau passion play. We traveled across Europe by coach and stayed at the Zum Mohren for three nights, whilst out and about. It looks like the hotel is mainly specific to coach parties in their approach to serving meals, which were adequate and varied. I think that if you were an independent traveler they would separate you from the also rans. The hotel was very homely and the area superb. We expected less but got more, so well done Zum Mohren.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 31 August 2008

This was the second hotel on our trip to Bavaria in May 2008. We spent two nights in the hotel. We chose the hotel as a base for car trips to the Zugspitze and the Neuschwanstein castle. The hotel offered a spacious double room with a balcony to enjoy a view of the Alps. We kept the car at the hotel’s own parking lot behind the main building. Although breakfasts were slightly narrow-fisted, dinners in the Tirol style restaurant were delicious and unexpectedly sophisticatedly served. The menu offered not only Austrian and international gourmet meals, but also included various seasonal asparagus dishes. We were somewhat disappointed that the second restaurant room with a modern stylish interior and a glass terrace was only for half-board visitors. On our last day the receptionist was very nice to allow us late check out free of charge.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Xenia25
Reviewed 2 January 2008

Spent a week at this Hotel which is situated in Reutte, Austria. It is within easy walking distance of all the shops and facilities of Reutte and is close to the German border for visiting all worth while attractions.

The hotel is well decorated and clean with a lovely pool and spar area, which helps you to relax after a hard day of touring. The food was very nice and all the staff were friendly and helpful.

The rooms were clean and spacious, each with private balcony allowing amazing views of the Alps. The rooms were very warm (without heating on) and all with en-suite facilities.

To be honest I can't think of a bad word to say about this hotel and would definately stay there again if in that area.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple