“The Romantic Rhine Tour with Ledger Tours”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Zum Mohren

Hotel Zum Mohren
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Reutte
Durham
“The Romantic Rhine Tour with Ledger Tours”
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Toured with Ledger tours to this destination,Stayed here for two nights this hotel is advertised as 3 star which is it quite clearly is not, the rooms are not well appointed and the beds are very uncomfortable, we were issued with 1 pillow which was as thin as a hankerchief when I asked for another pillow or 2 it was as if I was asking for the world - I did get another pillow but it was as just as thin as the 1st one.This Hotel is located right in the main street of Ruette however we had little or no time to explore the area as the Ledger organised tour would leave very early 8.30am and return very late approx 6.00pm and dinner was served at 7.00pm prompt(serving a fixed menue) Our courier told us it was Austrian tradition for everyone to sit for dinner at the same time which I know is not the case as we have Holidayed in Austria on a number of occassions and have never been subjected to this rule - only on Ledger Tours. We tried ledger Tours thinking they would be good - sorry but we will not be using them again. If you want a Thrash and Bash holiday then it will suit, however we would prefer a more leasurley journey and stays in better quality Hotels.

Room Tip: Hotel in Quiet location allocation of room was on 1st come basis - all seemed the same quality
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aykley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Southampton
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of coach trip and we were very pleased with what we encountered. Our room was located at the rear of the hotel and had a balcony with beautiful views of the mountains. It was large, clean and had all the facilities one would require, with excellent storage for luggage and clothes.

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit concerend about the rudeness of the staff, but I am happy to report we did not encounter such problems, if fact quite the opposite. One of our party had a gluten allergy and they went out their way to cater for her, coming up with various alternatives that they could offer that were not on the menu. When our coach broke down a couple of miles from the hotel, they even provided a replacement coach.

The evening meal served in the restaurant was very pleasant, especially the soups, the breakfast was the standard continental offering of breads, cereal and cheeses with the welcome addition of donuts!

The major plus was the location, set in a beautiful part of the world with good access to the Bavarian castles and lakes. The downside from my point of view was a group of late night drinkers below our balcony which did keep us awake one night. Why did the staff not move them inside at 11pm? I would have no trouble in using the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I booked this hotel for an Easter break based on the 4 star rating and Trip Advisor reviews and was disappointed. It just a standard hotel, nothing special despite the claims.

Reception normally deserted, you had to hunt for staff and then they were abrupt to the point of being rude. No welcome to the hotel and no enquiry when we checked out as to how our stay was. They seem to be stressed out with coach parties, however as they seem to focus on this market that was strange.

No wellness to speak of only a small swimming pool and sauna in the basement. Restaurant was fatty high calorie mass produced food with no healthy alternative.

The whole hotel smells of cigarette smoke as there are several smoking rooms which have the doors permanently open.

No lift to our room so we had to carry our suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. 4 star hotel please!

Overall best avoided as there are far better hotels in Austria for the same price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CraigZurich
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The key to this rate is how old you are and if you have been to other wellness hotels before.
The review said the hotel works with bus contingents of retired people. Take it really seriously!!! It is a mess!!! The "family hotel" will just ignore you as a sole couple.
The hotel just has one lift for only some rooms, so if you are as unlucky as we were you will have to help yourself and carry your own luggage climbing the stairs (not really for retired people either). They don't have a bell boy nor they offered us for help.
The room itself is ok but doesn't have a fridge. Again...4* ??
Coming back to the facilities, I believe the word wellness hotel is a little bit too much for Zum Mohren...It has only a tiny swimming pool with lots of people but NO MASSAGE NOR BEAUTY TREATMENT... what this wellness hotel offers is three different rooms for smokers. Is this really necessary?
Another story is the half pension. Breakfast are terrible. They don't refill. Once is empty is empty, no matter if you have one hour still to close the dining breakfast.
Welcome drink : Warm disgusting Rose Sekt.
Dinner: Normally, if you are at a wellness hotel you can choose the menu, sometimes wellness menu or at least vegetarian ones. Not the case. Just rich food meals e.g. chicken or pork with heavy sausages.
They said they have a wine cave. I struggled to get the wine menu and when I asked for recommendation, the waitress just didn't know a thing about wines....I could tell because she was rude and nervous.
Summarizing, if you are older than 60 and want to have a chat with other retiree chaps this is the place to make acquaintances (ask for room 300 or lower when booking, there you have a lift). If looking for a wellness hotel this is NOT the one. There are by far much better hotels in Austria to stay at.

Room Tip: ask for room 300 or lower when booking, there you have a lift.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karichispeiras K
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I had to stay overnight for a business visit. The hotel was arranged so I did not check others! IT was quite modern in furnishings and amenities. Upon arrival, the hostess checked me in quickly and guided me to the car park of the hotel. The hotel has a decent pool and sit-out around it to chill out a bit. I dined there and was quite impressed by the selection, usually hotels don't offer many choices! Food was good. But the breakfast spread is quite moderate, nothing fancy and wont leave you hungry too!
Room was a double bedded one, comfortable linen and well furnished.
Overall can't complain as I did not pay, but for the quality I would pay max €75. But since it is one of the few, I guess everywhere it will be the same!
Is located in a middle of the town, so its easy to walk out and grab a couple of things if needed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank parsin
hong kong
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I have been there for 3 days, due to we got a trip for a gift and this this the only hotel in the programed .
We pay 129 Euro a night for a double room

My point of view , expect they have swimming poor and sauna as amenities, If not it would only can count like 2 star hotel.

We arrived at noon and no body at reception and we wait for a least 10-15mins for looking for the staff.

The owner show me her unfriendly hospitality with a angry face , no idea how to handel our check in with the holiday voucher.
and no other info have mention to us eg : our breakfast time , when their garage close at night that you can not park. how to access internet.
only gave as the key and tell as where is the garage.

The first night the room on the upper floor made huge noise which sound like renovation at 6 am in the morning, call the hotel, the owner said she is there but she heard nothing , ask her what is going on , the only answer I got is '' I DONT KNOW '' '' I DONT KNOW '' '' I DONT KNOW ''............

We have been to many different kind of hotel in Europe , If this call 4 start I am really wondering Le Meridien Vienna , Grand Hotel ...........

I highly recommend the hotel auditor should recheck one more time that do they worth that 4 start.

Room Tip: they are many hotel around, dont have to be this one.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mccm11
Bishops Stortford
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We visited with friends for a relaxing break. The local area is perfectly set up for visitors with lots of activities during the day; including walking skiing, skating and sleigh rides. During our short stay we only had time to try some of the things on offer and it looked like we could have filled every hour of the day.

Our room was comfortable with breathtaking views of the mountains.

It was a lovely surpirse to find that the hotel has one of the most relaxing spa areas that I have ever visited. It has a medium sized pool, two sauna and a steam room as well as a choice of areas to relax. Perfect to visit after a strenous day in the mountains.

We ate in the resturant twice. On both occassions we ordered from the ´resturant´menu. The meu was a good mixture of local dishes, well cooked and presented beautifully. The attention from all the staff was professional and welcoming. They mde us feel so comfortable that we ended up staying at the table past midnight both times.

One small point. If you are an ex-smoker you might not appreciate the fact that the owner likes to smoke his pipe indoors. On the other hand if you like smoking it might make you feel even more at home.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends