“Coach Holiday”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Reutte
London, United Kingdom
“Coach Holiday”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel in July. We were there for three nights, the breakfast were adequate, although staff a little stern! rooms pleasant, bed and pillow great, we had a beautiful view. On our first night the vegetarian meal was great, however the others in my party found for the two evening we ate at this restaurant the meals were lacking in vegetables and substance. My vegetarian option on the second night was returned uneaten and on the third night we ate out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hunenberg, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed on 1 night at this hotel. The rooms were large and nicely decorated but very basic. I asked for non smoking rooms which we got but all the bed linen and towels had a smell of cigarette smoke on them which was not pleasant. The view from the room of the mountains was very nice. Breakfast was included which was fantastic.
The hotel had a very nice indoor swimming pool. We stayed here on our way to Neuschwanstein Castle which was only a 20 min drive away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Northorpe
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This was a lovely hotel and the staff really friendly. My room was a twin pushed together and the bathroom was very good. I had a lovely view of the mountains and the nearby buildings all painted with lovey designs. It had an ensuite and was on the top floor. This floor was served by a lift.

I used the pool while there, it's a stainless steel base very posh and was extremely clean. Towels were available in the spa area the germen clients kindly showed me these.

The meals were served in the main restaurant which provided a salad buffet as our second course, albeit the main meals were a little small and sometimes an unusual choice, peas in white sauce etc, my favourite meal was the lasagne, the steak was not to my liking but some of our group loved it. It was slices of very rare beef ( I do eat steak rare) with a peppercorn sauce - not a cream peppercorn sauce. Too chewy for my liking but looked nice.

The bar prices as normal for a hotel of this type. Some lovely beers served in local beer glasses. The meal seemed to take forever mainly due to the orders for drinks being taken first. I preferred to pick up my drink in the bar and take it thru. The breakfast was my favourite meal here.

Room Tip: if you stay and need more pillows - why not ask for some! its pointless complaining when you get ho...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Syracuse, NY
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Suggested by the staff at Hotel Das Beck, and one of the very few restaurants open in Ruette on a Saturday evening or Sunday, we ate dinner twice at Hotel Zum Mohren. Great food, and great service. We got complimentary appetizers both nights! Portions are huge; my wife and I split a farmers salad and main dish both nights, and it was more than enough. Staff was very professional, and service was timely and efficient.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenkadish
Sussex
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed three nights at this hotel on a Leger Holiday. The town is very pretty and my room had a lovely outlook over the town square and to the mountains beyond. It was very large, clean with a lovely new bathroom.The beds were very comfortable the only reason I did not sleep well was because of the heat it was 38 deg whilst we were in Bavaria.The food was very good and the restaurant lovely, service a bit slow but we were 40 and not many waitresses.
Reutte is a very nice town very convenient for touring Bavaria and the wonderful castles. My only grouse was smoking was allowed in all the public rooms and we are just not used to that. One night we were entertained out in the Square by the town band which was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Dalehound
Durham
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Toured with Ledger tours to this destination,Stayed here for two nights this hotel is advertised as 3 star which is it quite clearly is not, the rooms are not well appointed and the beds are very uncomfortable, we were issued with 1 pillow which was as thin as a hankerchief when I asked for another pillow or 2 it was as if I was asking for the world - I did get another pillow but it was as just as thin as the 1st one.This Hotel is located right in the main street of Ruette however we had little or no time to explore the area as the Ledger organised tour would leave very early 8.30am and return very late approx 6.00pm and dinner was served at 7.00pm prompt(serving a fixed menue) Our courier told us it was Austrian tradition for everyone to sit for dinner at the same time which I know is not the case as we have Holidayed in Austria on a number of occassions and have never been subjected to this rule - only on Ledger Tours. We tried ledger Tours thinking they would be good - sorry but we will not be using them again. If you want a Thrash and Bash holiday then it will suit, however we would prefer a more leasurley journey and stays in better quality Hotels.

Room Tip: Hotel in Quiet location allocation of room was on 1st come basis - all seemed the same quality
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aykley
Southampton
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of coach trip and we were very pleased with what we encountered. Our room was located at the rear of the hotel and had a balcony with beautiful views of the mountains. It was large, clean and had all the facilities one would require, with excellent storage for luggage and clothes.

After reading some of the reviews I was a bit concerend about the rudeness of the staff, but I am happy to report we did not encounter such problems, if fact quite the opposite. One of our party had a gluten allergy and they went out their way to cater for her, coming up with various alternatives that they could offer that were not on the menu. When our coach broke down a couple of miles from the hotel, they even provided a replacement coach.

The evening meal served in the restaurant was very pleasant, especially the soups, the breakfast was the standard continental offering of breads, cereal and cheeses with the welcome addition of donuts!

The major plus was the location, set in a beautiful part of the world with good access to the Bavarian castles and lakes. The downside from my point of view was a group of late night drinkers below our balcony which did keep us awake one night. Why did the staff not move them inside at 11pm? I would have no trouble in using the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple