“Ideal location”

Ranked #10 of 44 Bad Gastein B&B and Inns
Hampton Court, Surrey
“Ideal location”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked Landhaus Gletschermuhle on the strength of tripadvisor reviews and all the good said was correct. It's quiet, only a few minutes walk from the main ski-lift and the main part of the town. As it was b&b Doris recommended some very good restaurants so we went to a different one every evening, perfect. My wife doesn't ski but there was plenty of great walks and the thermal baths/ swimming pool to occupy her whilst I was off snowboarding. There also another small but picturesque ski region called graukogel which was a easy ten minute walk away. It's difficult to describe the grand opulence of Bad Gastein. We even went snow shoe walking one day. The service we recieved from our hosts and the room couldn't be better, a lovely experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Holden99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Munich
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Went there for a ski weekend very spontaneously. I really liked the atmosphere and warm welcome. It is worth spending a few extra EURO to receive a room with a view on the upper Gastein valley. Breakfast is very diverse and the owners are very friendly. Lift is very close to the hotel. I can highly recommend the place, especially since it is such a good value for money.

Room Tip: take a view to the South-East
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Kista, Stockholms Län, Sweden
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Second year in a row we styed here. Excellent place to stay. Warm atmosphere from the owners. Clean, nice rooms (we and our friends had two rooms with balcony), fantastic breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kenneth S
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed here on my own without a word of German and I can say it really was not a problem. I have read the only bad review and I don’t know what they’re on about! Doris and especially her mum (very pleasant indeed) and dad could not have been nicer or more accommodating considering I was a pretty tough customer, coming and going at all hours and changing my mind about travel arrangements they had booked for me.
My room was spotlessly clean, toasty warm and the breakfast was very nice. If I did have a gripe (and it’s only a small one) it’s that they are a bit overly enthusiastic with the Hoover in the mornings considering not everyone hit’s the slopes at 8am.
It’s not far to the town / ski lifts only a 5 minute walk, the supermarket is even less and anyone looking for a reasonable and VERY filling meal should not walk past the restaurant in the train station.
All in all I was delighted with my stay and would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Nitram27
Bardejov, Slovakia
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Very friendly stuff. Nice location. Clean room. Good breakfast. I was very satisfied. 9/10 for me

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank petpagac
Greece
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This guesthouse is clean and quite sufficient for skiers who plan to spend many days in Bad Gastein, it is reasonably priced, clean, breakfast quite good, but the owners don't speak any English and always spoke German although they knew we didn't. The lady owner was not aware that this is not only her house but a B&B where people give her money to rent rooms. She always made a fuss about locking the door, not just closing it but actually locking it and god forbid someone forgot... he got an earful! She asked to take off our shoes inside (!!!!) and each time we entered she passionately demonstrated how we should clean our shoes, and came after us to see if we had done something, she even accused us of smoking inside the room because the cleaning lady smelled smoke from the corridor although we reassured her 3 times that we absolutely didn't and maybe the smoke smelled when we opened the door to get back inside!!!! She even told us how we should park the cars, internet worked only in the common area, sooooo tiny TV.
All the restaurants she recommended were probably friends of hers and really horrible.
This lady way very annoying.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank babyili
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 January 2011

My husband and I spent one night here during a 2-week trip, and it was one of our favorite stays. We did not have advance reservations, but the proprietor was extremely welcoming. We ended up in a room with a spectacular view of the mountains, which led to us spending an unplanned couple of hours sitting on the balcony relaxing with some beer. We thought this place had nice character and was much friendlier than some others we stayed at. We were thrilled with this last-minute find. The room was very clean but nothing fancy, typical of B&Bs in this part of Europe. Breakfast was good, there was free parking, and it was a reasonable walking distance down past the waterfall and into town for dinner, although the walk back uphill in the dark could be challenging for some.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple