We have stayed in Haus Hirt in January 2012 for a week. The purpose of the trip was skiing.
I recommend this hotel to those travelers who enjoy comfort, a cozy atmosphere and are food lovers. It has a good location, a regular shuttle service to ski lifts, a restaurant with a wonderful view and a spa area which offered several services from yoga, saunas, massages to beauty treatments. A true wellness hotel i would say. The food was amazing as it was always fresh, you could choose from fish, meat and vegetarian food.
Nevertheless, several things i would like to point out:
- in my opinion this is a hotel only for families, not for couples. There are children everywhere, literally.
- the rooms are not as big as we have expected. we had a family suit on the top floor of the hotel. It was cozy - yes, but quite small, about 15-20 m2 per floor.
- heating - it could have been warmer.
- beverages are quite expensive in the hotel. Tea - 3,50 Eur. Wine - 7-10 Eur per glass.
Comparing to all other hotels in the area, i would still go to Haus Hirt if i am in Bad Gastein again and i definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once salon for Thomas Mann, Stefan Zweig and Somerset Maugham. Today salon and urban home for zeitgeisters and freethinkers, for people looking for balance, enjoyment and like-minded people. Your hideaway in the Alps . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, HRS, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Haus Hirt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haus Hirt Hotel Bad Gastein
- Haus Hirt Hotel And Spa