My parents, my husband and our three year old child stayed at this hotel for three nights. We had one double room and one studio room. It started off great as the driver game to pick us up at the train platform of Bad Gastein station. As this hotel received great reviews, our expectation was high but it did not wow us in some aspects.
- Very children friendly. Baby strollers, toilet seat, kid carrying back pack, etc. available for borrowing. Kids dinner, play room and child care service. Andrea and Nellen were especially friendly and attentive.
- Bath robe, slippers, soap and shampoo for kids.
- Friendly staff. Especially liked the bartender guy as he was attentive and kind. Also the driver of the van was nice and helpful.
- Great view. View from the room 69 and 65 are spectacular.
- Breakfast and lunch available for a long time. It’s great for family with small kids.
- Many different choices at breakfast. Different kinds of bread, juice, fruits, cornflakes, and so on. Spanish omelet was very tasty.
Room for improvement:
- Communication between receptionistｓ and activity instructors. There were two occasions when we felt that the communication between them was not good. We signed up for Yoga class. The instructor came and told us that it was for pregnant ladies. Most of us had no idea about it as it just says “Yoga” on the info paper and also, the receptionist did not mention anything about it. Another occasion was when we went hiking with one of the hotel’s guides, we were told that we will take the lift up to the middle and then walk up to the top. But the place we were taken had no lift and we just walked up from the beginning to the top. We wanted to go to the middle by a lift as our child and my dad couldn’t hike. So they ended up waiting for us at the foot of the mountain.
- Service provided by receptionistｓ. Overall service level is not the one that you expect with this kind of price range hotel. When we asked for kids toilet seat when we checked in, they said they would look for one and then no news. So I went to the reception and asked for it again. She told me to wait at the reception. It took a while to get it. It would have been much better if they could deliver it to our room as we have asked for it twice. Another occasion was that when asked the bus info to Bad Hofgastein, they mentioned 550 but it was 555. So when we took a bus 550 back to Bad Gastein, it didn’t come close to Haus Hirt. As we were exhausted, we called the hotel asking for a pick up. One of the receptionist just said yes. Then a taxi was sent to us. As we were not expecting a taxi, it took a while to figure out that the taxi was stopped for us. It would have been much better if she has mentioned that it’s a taxi and not their van that would come and pick us up. Also, if they had correct knowledge about buses, then we could have gone back by foot from the bus stop.
- Information was almost all in German. I understand that they have mainly German speaking guests and it is located in Austria but the information letter was in German. Also the information session on Sunday evening was held in German. Regarding menu at the restaurant, when asked for English menu they brought one for us. It would be much more helpful to find more info in English as well.
- The sommelier at the restaurant. He was not kind or welcoming. We were puzzled to hear him say no when asked if it was possible to connect two tables together as we were four people sitting at two tables.
- Fish dishes at dinner. Had fish for two occasions and the cat fish was a bit too fishy. The sea bream had many bones.
- Bathroom amenities. It would have been better if they had hair conditioner and body cream at the room. There was just body wash and shampoo.
It’s a nice hotel with great view, however, considering the price it didn’t live up to our expectation. Still recommended for families with small kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once salon for Thomas Mann, Stefan Zweig and Somerset Maugham. Today salon and urban home for zeitgeisters and freethinkers, for people looking for balance, enjoyment and like-minded people. Your hideaway in the Alps . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Haus Hirt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haus Hirt Hotel Bad Gastein
- Haus Hirt Hotel And Spa