“The Dog Days of Days Inn”

Days Inn New Market Battlefield
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in New Market
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“The Dog Days of Days Inn”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

After checking in to our first room, the bathroom/tub was not clean. We informed the night clerk and she changed our room; however, the bathroom/tub in that room was not clean. As we had some place to be in 1 hour, we just decided to stay in the room. The room was not clean. The curtains were dusty, the corners of the room had noticeable dust and the bed was really uncomfortable. After being changed into our second room, and finding it unclean, we just resolved to stuck it up for our two nights; however, we vowed we would NEVER stay in that hotel again and would probably not stay again in a Days Inn. The cost for two nights was just under $130. We have stayed in other hotels for less money and they were more modern and most importantly, CLEAN. I thanked God that I brought flip flops because I did not want to walk on the room's carpet. We didn't even complain about the HVAC system (room was so cold that my nose was cold to the touch). We slept cold all night. It wasn't until the second day that the HVAC system heated up to were it was tolerable. Yuck!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Ct
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Very friendly staff, when my wife had a problem with a room they gave us a different room immediately, When you get up in the morning the view of the valley and the mountains are really beautiful

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Used a Room Saver coupon to save a few dollars on this I-81 roadside motel.

The room was just OK. There were no obvious cleanliness or housekeeping issues, but the furniture, linens, carpet, and draperies were worn and in need of a refurbishment.

Complimentary breakfast was carb-o-licious with a choice of white breads, muffins, bagels, cereals, and donuts.

I don't know if I would stay here again. I might spend a few more dollars for a nicer motel.

Room Tip: To get a good room, choose a different motel!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank xrae
Cape Cod
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This was our first and last stay at this hotel. When we got to our room the heat was off and it took over two hours to warm up to 68 degrees. The switch on the light alongside the bed (that you would use for reading in bed) had obviously been broken for some time and the light could not be turned on. The front desk receptionist was pleasant, but really couldn't give us a suggestion as to where to eat. The free continental breakfast was good, it somewhat limited.

Room Tip: In the winter, get a room close to the reception area and ask if it has been heated.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these New Market hotels

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My husband and I were heading south, and by the time we got as far as New Market, we were pretty exhausted and praying to find a decent hotel. We were pleasantly surprised when we stopped at this hotel. Granted, it's not a 5 star hotel or anything, but it was clean and comfortable, and most importantly, very affordable. We slept like babies and woke up to a beautiful view and jumped on Skyline Parkway from here. Loray Caverns is also right around here. Breakfast was pretty skimpy, but there's a Burger King just across the road.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Clean, friendly and beautifully situated. We appreciated the quiet, scenic location and would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: mountain views at rear of facility afford a quiet night away from road noise, which is negligble in...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Tioga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 November 2011

1st room they gave us had no dial or stem on the control for the heat. When I tried to plug in their clock the plug for the heaboard lights Exploded. There was smoke and sparks of fire. When I pulled my hand away my thumb/hand was black! When I reached to turn the switch on the floor lamp on it came on by just touching the lite bulb base. The 2nd room was not very clean. When we checked out the next morning we told the manager and some of his comments were: the people before us must have broke the control; maybe I did not plug in the clock properly; I did not understand how the floor lamp worked - I should have turn it on by using the switch on the Wall! As soon as I get home I will be reporting them to whoever inspects motels in that area. I know room 129 has electrical problems and I am concerned about all the rooms. I will never say there again!

• Stayed November 2011
The Cardinal Inn
#5 of 9 in Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley

Been to Days Inn New Market Battlefield? Share your experiences!