“Good atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Johnny Appleseed Restaurant - CLOSED

Johnny Appleseed Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Market, Virginia
“Good atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I enjoy eating at Johnny Appleseed. In the fall they have a great buffet breakfast and other times the food is very good. The Apple Fritters they have are awesome. Has a conference room for groups and the service is good.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank gmgood

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Food and service was just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

When I stopped here several yrs. ago and had breakfast it was good. I just got the ham & eggs, but the warm apple slices were really tastey. This time however, when I stopped here for lunch it was just OK. It seemed like most of the menu items were deep fried, and I don't eat that type of food anymore. I just ordered a sandwich, but instead of the usual side I special ordered the warm apple slices. They were quite disappointing this time. First of all they forgot to peel the apples, and secondly they were overcooked and pretty mushy. The staff were not very attentive, and the service seemed pretty slow. Maybe because the small dining area was so crowded. Well, the next time I travel this way I think I'll just skip this restaurant and eat somewhere else.

• Visited November 2013
Rochester, NY
“Nice Family Restaurant with Comfort Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

While staying at the Qualiy Inn, my husband and I had dinner at the attached Johnny Appleseed restaurant on a cold, snowy Thursday evening. Room was cozy and service was efficient and friendly. We were welcomed to our table with deliciouis apple fritters--think I could have eaten a dozen of them! Menu featured mostly comfort type foods--a main course with 2 sides and biscuits. They charged an extra $2+ dollars for a small side salad instead of one of the choice sides. Food was tasty, served quickly and total cost for our meals was under $30.00. A good basic meal---

• Visited January 2014
Maryland
“Great service everytime I have visited.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stop here a few times a year while in the area. My favorite is Saturday Prime Rib special. They have had this for years. Fried chicken is also the best in the area. Go hungry as they start with Apple Fritters about the size of hush puppies. Most times they also bring biscuits/butter/jelly while waiting on food. When I have had room for dessert I have tried their Strawberry Shortcake, Apple Dumplings , and of course Apple Pie. All of which were great! (You can always get them to go!)

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank lf479
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy Apple Fritters. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

At first we thought they were closed because they have a separate store that is closed but don't be fooled keep going past the store to the hotel and it's in the hotel. The Apple Fritters were fantastic and they had good Southern soul food breakfast that sticks to the ribs. I had chicken fried steak, fried apples, biscuits and gravy and apple fritters. So good I took some to go.

2 Thank DCSnowpatrol