“Friendly, cozy & great value”
Review of Blue Ridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Market
Blue Ridge Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 New Market B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed 1 night at Blue Ridge Inn while playing Bryce Golf Resort. Very pleasantly surprised at low rate, spacious and comfy room and warm, friendly manager who recommended several local restaurants and was very helpful. Oh, did I mention a great location about a mile from Rt. 81 exit.
If you like local flavor & hospitality over big chain hotels & you travel on a budget, this is your place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank seacrews
There are newer reviews for Blue Ridge Inn

Reviewed 17 October 2013

First, listed under bed and breakfast..it's NOT a B&B or Inn...It's a verrrry old Motel.

Really it's all been said before. This place is beat..if you want to call that quirky, that's aok with me. Cat visited me in my room..cool with me, not so cool with my wife. Office smells. room doesn't...

Clean from normal use but chairs and carpet soiled from what looks like 1000 years of use. Firm bed was good for me, not so good for wife. Great smelling towels, good smelling room. Clean bed. Carpet bad enough you don't want to walk on it with bare feet, kitchen chairs at the table were INCREDIBLY soiled...

If you really want to save $$ [$50 total] Really good place..If you can't deal with the weirdness [and cats]...look further.

I'd stay here again..but my wife wouldn't

Happy wife, happy life.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My first impression of the motel wasn't that good: the lady at the front desk refused to show me the room. I asked her to leave me the key so I could check it on my own and she refused saying I could vandalize the room or steal stuff (!). I was so tired, I accepted to stay even though I hadn't seen the room. It was a great surprise: the room was clean and quirky, a tad bit on the kitschy side. There was only one other guest that night, it was very quiet. I sat outside for a while, looking at the moon over the Blue Ridge and listening to the crickets. It was amazing. There are several friendly cats hanging around the property. There wasn't any telephone in the room, so I went back to the reception, quite reluctantly and the lady let me call from her phone. She wasn't very talkative or smiling, but she was ok after all. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Jan M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the World, usually extremely expensive, and we like the ones where we feel that we are treated well and provide us a good value. This hotel is a good, no great, value for the cost. The Blue Ridge Inn is extremely clean. You can tell they do an excellent job cleaning the rooms. They are spotless and comfortable. The hotel is about a mile from Interstate 81 on Route 11, just on the northern edge of the town of New Market. It is located along the Civil War heritage trail. If you jog, there is a neighborhood close by with sidewalks and historic markers. The rooms have a refrigerator, microwave and cable TV; and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DaveHom1796
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wendy was an amazing host. This quaint, quiet little inn made our whole vacation. I would definitely recommend it, and it was a great price. Beautiful view, and much better accommodations than those offered in Luray.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Johninfla
Reviewed 30 July 2013

How wonderful to travel just a couple miles off the interstate to an independent motel in the peaceful rolling foothills below the Blue Ridge escarpment -- SO much better than listening to traffic all night. We asked for 2 beds and found both comfortably firm. Very clean room. Rest area coupon only available for 1 bed, but the owner offered us a price lower than any of those chain motels on the highway ($49). Visit the Blue Ridge Inn for a peaceful night's sleep. (Just don't mind the cats, if you don't care for them!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mulin
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Some times you just need a place to lay your head for the night. We are frugal travelers - in particular when we travel late in the day in order to save getting up very early in the morning for a long drive to get to our final destination. As was in our case in staying at the Blue Ridge Inn, we had an 8:30AM tour at the Luray Caverns (very close by), and this motel did not fail to deliver.

We came across this place in one of the coupon books one finds at visitor centers along the highway. They had a rate of $29 with a coupon. Though we paid $15 more to insure a reservation before hand. For us a small price to pay to keep an independently owned/operated motel operating.

The motel is pretty well maintained given its age. The room was clean, and very roomy (we had one of the rooms that jutted out from the the standard run of rooms). We had no issues with the comfort of the bed. The only problem with the room we had is that the AC blew across the bed. Will keep that in mind when we find ourselves needing to stay there again - yes, we are willing to stay there again.

Is this motel for everyone? Maybe not since it shows its age in furnishings and finish. But as another review stated it was fun to stay in a place stuck between time - modern amenities, but with the feel of an age of travel gone by.

Room Tip: Ask if the AC blows across the bed...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
#2 of 4 in Woodstock
#9 of 23 in Harrisonburg

Been to Blue Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!