“ticked off!”
Review of Blue Ridge Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Market
Blue Ridge Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 New Market B&B and Inns
North Carolina
“ticked off!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've stayed here MANY times and have written several nice online reviews. This time I found the door lock to my room balky and the mini fridge encased in ice. No big deal, really. But since I wanted a working fridge and a door lock which was easy to open, I politely asked the owner for another room and although the parking lot was deserted, I was brusquely informed by this woman this was the last remaining coupon room (I got a $3 discount for using a coupon) and would have to shell out for the so-called non coupon room which, in my opinion was identical to the room I was originally assigned, and if I didn't like it, I would be given a refund and could go elsewhere. Exhausted after a long day on the road following a family funeral that morning, I paid the $3. Hardly the way to treat a long time customer and this short sighted attitude lost the motel a good customer.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank stephen1944

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lakewood, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Run by sisters from England, this is a cute, cozy place. Though we got into town at a late hour we were able to be accommodated with a clean, comfortable room. After our phone call to find out if there was an available room, the owner/operator stayed up past her bedtime to receive us.

Room Tip: Come earlier than 10 pm. to ensure friendly service.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2014

It's the simplicity I love! No frills. Clean room, safe area. Host is wonderful, always cordial and friendly. Yes, there are cats around the property as others have mentioned. So .... They are friendly and they haven't stolen anything that I've noticed, so not a big deal! I enjoy their company while sitting outside listening to the crickets. CLEAN ROOM. FAIR PRICE. FRIENDLY HOST. If we wanted 5-star and to be pampered, I'd have to add a lot more #s to my check. LOVE this place and never fail to stay when we visit the area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband and I; along with another couple took a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains in October. While there we stayed in New Market, VA at the Blue Ridge Inn. Definitely not your 4 star rating motel but very clean, quaint and very affordable. Family owned and operated. Friendly and accommodating. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Baltimore
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed 1 night at Blue Ridge Inn while playing Bryce Golf Resort. Very pleasantly surprised at low rate, spacious and comfy room and warm, friendly manager who recommended several local restaurants and was very helpful. Oh, did I mention a great location about a mile from Rt. 81 exit.
If you like local flavor & hospitality over big chain hotels & you travel on a budget, this is your place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seacrews
Dalton Ma
Reviewed 17 October 2013

First, listed under bed and breakfast..it's NOT a B&B or Inn...It's a verrrry old Motel.

Really it's all been said before. This place is beat..if you want to call that quirky, that's aok with me. Cat visited me in my room..cool with me, not so cool with my wife. Office smells. room doesn't...

Clean from normal use but chairs and carpet soiled from what looks like 1000 years of use. Firm bed was good for me, not so good for wife. Great smelling towels, good smelling room. Clean bed. Carpet bad enough you don't want to walk on it with bare feet, kitchen chairs at the table were INCREDIBLY soiled...

If you really want to save $$ [$50 total] Really good place..If you can't deal with the weirdness [and cats]...look further.

I'd stay here again..but my wife wouldn't

Happy wife, happy life.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My first impression of the motel wasn't that good: the lady at the front desk refused to show me the room. I asked her to leave me the key so I could check it on my own and she refused saying I could vandalize the room or steal stuff (!). I was so tired, I accepted to stay even though I hadn't seen the room. It was a great surprise: the room was clean and quirky, a tad bit on the kitschy side. There was only one other guest that night, it was very quiet. I sat outside for a while, looking at the moon over the Blue Ridge and listening to the crickets. It was amazing. There are several friendly cats hanging around the property. There wasn't any telephone in the room, so I went back to the reception, quite reluctantly and the lady let me call from her phone. She wasn't very talkative or smiling, but she was ok after all. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
#2 of 4 in Woodstock
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley
Days Inn New Market  Battlefield

Been to Blue Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!