“The most expensive coffees we had in Normandy”
Review of Hotel de la Marine

Hotel de la Marine
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The tables right next to the sea wall give a great view of the landing beaches so we stopped for coffees which were good but cost almost 50% more than any others we had in Normandy. I guess the owners are milking the D-day landing beach location?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family had stayed at this Hotel many years ago when it was owned by The Family Verdier. We had had our best family holidays there. Arromanches is truly beautiful and this Hotel is a gem.

Just after the 70th anniversary of D day, and with my Son shortly to be married, I decided to make a short nostalgic return.

I can truly say that as a man of 76 years I have never had a better short stay.
The staff, the location the meals, the room views were All Truly Magnificent.

I congratulate the Hotel Management for creating such a wonderful experience.

If you have the chance, do go there.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Hotel de la Marine. The rooms are comfortable, many with a wonderful ocean view. The rooms are tidy and well-appointed. The bathroom was spacious by European standards. I was traveling with my extended family of 10 and we had 4 rooms, all of which we were very pleased with the the views out the windows and quietness, even though we were on the beachfront/square. The breakfast was a routine European breakfast, bread and pastries, applesauce, yogurt, juices and cereals. Location was convenient to the D-Day beaches, the American Cemetery and many food choices for lunch and dinner. The hotel staff was accommodating to our family with 3 children!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tara G
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is the most charming, beautiful hotel! The staff is incredibly helpful and honest. We asked if we should take one of the D-Day tours and they looked at our family traveling with a 12 year old boy and recommended that we rent a car and visit the D-Day beaches and museums ourselves as well as Mont St. Michel. They made the car reservation for us and our family being American they made sure to reserve us an automatic SUV. They also scheduled a taxi to come pick us up to take us to the car rental. Dinner at the hotel is magnificent as well as breakfast. The croissants they bring to the table at breakfast are divine! Make sure to ask for a room with a view of the ocean as we heard they are more spacious. The entire town of Arromanches and this hotel are magical and well worth the stay!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room as they are more spacious and the view is truly magnificent.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Hôtel de la mar... M, Responsable relations clients at Hotel de la Marine, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Madame, Dear Sir,

We thank you very much to have taken the time to write your comment abour our property.
It was a real great pleasure to welcome you and your lovely family and we are so happy to contibuate to this stay in Normandy!
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again !
Have a nice evening.
Mme Durand Lénaïc.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel provided us just what we needed: a Bed, a nice shower and WiFi. The Staff was quite helpful with parking ideas. We stayed just one night, between Bayeux and our day visiting D-Day sites. the room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for your WiFi (Wee-Fee) code, free.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My encounter with this hotel involved being charged 30 euros for 2 gin and tonics and 2 beers ! Outrageous , especially as the barman offered no bill to explain how this cost was arrived at or why it was such an amazingly "round" amount ! It is a great shame because this hotel had the best position close to the Gold beach. Exploiting good honest people.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jocousins1

Dear Sir,

We thank you very much to have taken the time to share your experience. Would you be kind enough to give us more details about what seems to happen in the bar with your drinks ? When did you come ? Because no drinks are served without any receips and the receips are let on the table. For the price, we just serve the best products and the price is in connection with the quality. We will never propose less quality for a better price. We do not serve just alcoohol, we serve the best gin.
We are sorry not to be able to give you satisfaction. Regards. Mme Durand Lénaïc.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

At the recommendation of my sister, I stayed at this hotel for one night during my tour of Normandy. The staff was professional, personable and went out of their way to help me. The restaurant food was great with wonderful presentation and service. I had a sea-side room which was impeccably clean and well decorated. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing to visit the region of Normandy. It was also close to the American Cemetery and Museaum of Omaha Beach ~ a highlight for any tourist! I did not access the swimming pool or fitness center which would have been a plus!

Room Tip: I prefered the room on the 2nd floor by the sea ~ beautiful view and high enough to avoid any noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sally S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arromanches-les-Bains
Hotel L'ideal Le Mountbatten
0 mi away
Hotel D'arromanches
Hotel D'arromanches
#5 of 6 in Arromanches-les-Bains

Been to Hotel de la Marine? Share your experiences!