“Personal, friendly and tasty”
Review of La Maison de Cosi

La Maison de Cosi
Stockholm, Sweden
“Personal, friendly and tasty”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

A small star in a small town. This was the first time I beökte this part of France. Centrally located and easy to find. The room was very good, the breakfast was amazing and I will carry this with me as a good memory of a beautiful place. Everything utstålar a genuine warmth that makes you not feel as a guest but more like a friend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Paris, France
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I took my sister and her husband who were visiting from the USA to the Maison de Cosi in Montfort L'Amaury. We had a great stay. The house is just gorgeous, the bedrooms calm and beautifully decorated and the bathrooms top class. We love the homemade muffins and jams and the owner was adorable. She seemed really pleased to talk with us and tell us about her favorite places. The town of Montfort was fabulous, cobble stone streets and lots of cute boutiques. I would definitely recommend the Maison de Cosi for anyone looking for a relaxing visit to the French countryside but not too far from Paris.

Room Tip: we shared the big bedroom that has a double bed and two singles. it was plenty large enough for the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed with our 2 young childeren end of July 2012 and found it a good place to start our holiday. The house and rooms are lovely and the owner is very friendly. There is a big garden to play in. And the location is good to walk around our to go to town. Would recommand spending a few nights here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed here as a family of four with 2 young children under 10 in the family room on the first floor. We had a great stay with very comfortable accommodation, friendly service, lovely gardens and a great breakfast. The town is beautiful with a lot of character and a place I wanted to stay i for longer than our two night stay. Michaela was very helpful with our August visit to Paris, giving advice on where to park and how to get around the city. One of the great things to learn was the long history of a hotel on the site and the effort put into the current restoration.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Paris, France
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Just spent a wonderful weekend in La maison de Cosi, an historic 18th century property in the charming town of Montfort l'Äumaury, close to Paris. Beautifully modernized to ensure a restful holiday. Mme Tomasino is a wonderful hostess.Its the perfect getaway from a hectic Paris. Luxurious bedrooms and bathrooms help you to relax instantly. A pretty secluded gardent to enjoy, a nearby forest to explore on foot or bike, cobbled streets in a quaint village, I immediately fell in love with the Maison de Cosi and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy Mme Tomasino's hospitality. As a visitor from South Africa I was delighted to find such a gem.
Marie McKay

Room Tip: all the rooms were beautiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2012

My wife and I and our friend spent three weeks in the top floor (only) apartment.
Good things:
1. Bicycles were provided and there are excellent trails through the large natural forest.
2. The town is lovely and unspoiled.
3. The garden in the back is very beautiful.
Not-so-good things:
1. The space is very small as the roof rafters intrude on the space.
2. Internet is available on the first floor only and it's two flights of stairs to get down there (one quite steep). Often the internet didn't work there either.
3. Two door keys provided for three people.
4. The woman who owns and runs the hotel is quite difficult and unpleasant.

One morning after being there a few days, she accused me of leaving the light on downstairs the previous night. I told her that I had come down, saw it on and left it on as I thought someone was using it. "No, you turned it on" she said and "if it happens again I will have to charge you?" Madam, you are mistaken I said but I will be happy to turn lights out if I find them on from now on. "No, you turned it on!" Can you imagine this? We paid her 1590 euros in cash for this place. She demanded all of it immediately upon arrival. I would've expected to tip her at least 100 euros on the way out if she were at all helpful to us. As it was she got nothing. We are all professional people (I teach at a university) and my wife and our friend are retired teachers and we're not at all used to being accused, threatened and me being called a liar especially over something so petty. She is not a good hotelier at the moment but perhaps she will learn as she goes on. In general, she is much more interested in her own convenience than that of anyone who's staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank John B
maisondecosi, Propriétaire at La Maison de Cosi, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
In response to the message dated 25 July 2012, I would like to make the following remarks :

The amount due is always requested on arrival, this is the process in all B & B here in France, along with a deposit, which in this case I did not ask for. My guests paid cash as they are foreigners and so could not pay by check. I do not take credit cards as there is a high expense related to this.

When my guests arrived I, as they arrived late, I prepared them a big platter of variety of cheeses, which I did not charge them for, along with a lovely bottle of haut medoc wine.

I even spent the afternoon the next day showing the three of them around the city and the surroundings : gas station, shopping malls, city center etc

The apartment is a 32 sq meter apartment not really adequate for 3 adults, which is what I had advised from the very beginning.

I did simply ask that my guests not put their bare feet on the couch, and turn off the lights, which I found lit on several occasions. I did ask in a very polite way, as I recall it.

To my great regret, the day of departure, my guests left early, without saying goodbye, and left the apartment with several broken items and the key simply on the counter.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 February 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights at Maison de Cosi in mid-January and found it a wonderful respite. The accommodations--we had a large first floor bedroom with additional sitting room--was lovely, and although the room opened on to the street, the sitting room opened on the enclosed garden (which is shown in the picture), and the shuttered windows insured that the room was quiet and dark. The owner, Micaela Tomasino, was the perfect blend of friendly and helpful (her restaurant recommendations were spot on, and she patiently put up with my husband's many questions) without being too chummy, i.e. she left us alone in the mornings.

We were in Montfort as part of a Maurice Ravel visit (his house museum is there) and found the village charming and the day trip to nearby Rambouillet an interesting off-the-beaten track experience. You could easily drive here upon arriving in Charles de Gaulle, and it would make a great jumping off point to places northwest and south.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roger P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montfort-l'Amaury
Hotel Saint-Laurent
#1 of 2 in Cernay-la-Ville
Mercure Rambouillet
Mercure Rambouillet
#1 of 5 in Rambouillet

Been to La Maison de Cosi? Share your experiences!