“A pleasant shopping experience”
Review of Cite Europe

Cite Europe
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Coquelles
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A pleasant shopping experience”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was a lovely shopping center with great facilities, a wide variety of choice and of course is home to one of my favorite things about a French Day Trip - Carrefour!

We had free parking which makes a lovely change to some city based shopping malls in the UK so the center was already points up in my books. There was a wide variety of food options available, even to accommodate my 5 year old sister who is a real fussy eater.

It was a pleasant shopping experience as everything was laid out nicely, it looked clean and tidy and the shop assistants are the right level of helpfulness.

Carrefour is just amazing too and is a must visit!

My only problem I had with it is that it doesn't hold as many boutiques as I first envisaged - there was a New Look which I didn't expect! As a key place to visit for UK day-trippers I think they've missed a real trick by not putting all french boutiques or chains at reduced prices in there.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dannii P

East Sussex, U.K.
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Shopping day trip”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Always interesting but never seem to allow myself enough time to fully explore. Visit customer service desk first for discount card. Carrefour good for wines and all types of coffee including beans, look for leaflets outside to save time looking for bargains. Terre de Boissons on ground floor excellent for all wines etc.
Free parking and usually easy to find a space.

Corsham, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“How a shopping centre should be!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We always stop off in City Europe on the way back from any holiday in Europe if we are driving.

I used to envisage it would be full of british booze cruise expats but it's not, the local French actually shop here mostly and there is a huge selection of French brand shops.

The toilets which at this point of our journey our children normally need are super clean with a childrens play area next to them.

There is always some event going on for free whether carousel rides, quiz games with shoppers or this bank holiday a cow boy event with children in courage to rid the buffaloes and have a go a traditional cowboy games.

Selection of french restaurants and macdonalds and a large carrefour supermarket, if you have loose items on you before you enter to to security situated at Carrefour entrance and they put it in a clear bag or if you have other shopping bags security will check them and tape them up for you.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Nice place seems cheap too”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Got dumped here on a trip by national holidays on a Folkestone/France trip and disappointed as I didn't call going to a shopping centre seeing France. The shopping centre itself is nice seems cheap as well which is a bonus but reminds me of a posh version of white rose in Leeds Yorkshire. Plenty of places to eat there's even an arcade place in it near the food court a large supermarket too. Seems to be disabled friendly too as some country's I've been to isn't. Nice but I wouldn't want to go again as a lot of the shops are their own so unless you live there its pointless as its a case of what you can take home and watch out for the trolleys as people who live there walk around the whole centre as though they are doing their supermarket shopping

Berkshire
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Shop, Eat and Drink - try the 3 Brasseurs”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We regularly visit Cite Europe, both on day shopping trips and on our way home from a holiday in France. Our main target is Carrefour, but the drinks shop, Terre de Boissons, where Tesco used to be is also worth a visit.

This time we had time for a drink and a bite to eat. In the end we settled for just a drink at the 3 Brasseurs. This is a micro brewery where the beer is conditioned on site. They have a range of five of their own beer. We tried and enjoyed the La Blanche, a wheat beer, and La Brune, a malty brown beer. If we have time again, we'll certainly go back to them - and maybe at a time when they are serving food.

Visited March 2014