“Exceptionnel / Outstanding”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We searched trip advisor for somewhere good to eat in a small French seaside down that is well bestowed of pizza/burger/moules style places. This stood out and once we were inside we were over the moon at our choice. Very friendly service, a delightful wine list and best of all, fresh meat and fish cooked in the restaurant on a wood fired grill. Lamb chops were succulent and very well seasoned, chicken brochette was moist and chargrilled perfectly. The home made chips are outstanding. Oh, and the oysters for entree - some of the best I've had. We will only eat here for dinner in la Tranche-sur-mer - we both agreed this was one of the best meals we have ever had in France in 4 visits. Merci beacoup.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Visited this restaurant with my family and my sisters family last week Friday 25th July. We had made a reservation as the place can be very busy (a popular spot by all accounts). On arrival we were met by Nicolas, a charming and amusing waiter/chef/all round good guy. He recognised my sisters and her family from a previous visit and looked after seating us immediately. Menus were produced and explanations given regarding various dishes. The food was excellent, cooked to perfection (per order). Ten empty plates went back but most of us were so full after the mains, that only three ordered dessert. Nicolas even joined us for a drink before we left. Can't say when I'll be back in La Tranche sur Mer, but when I am I'll definitely revisit L'Etage.

2  Thank Daibhi O
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Nico is always smiley and somehow remembers us in between visits from one school hol to the next. The meat and fish is cooked over the grate and embers in the restaurant. Very skilled producing tender pink steak, melt in the mouth duck, garlicky prawns....There are occasional jazz evenings too.
We visit as often as poss.

2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed 5 June 2014

From the moment we walked in we were welcomed and looked after in a friendly genuine way. Good value sirloin or rump steak at 18€. Chips home made and tasty. Drinks and pudding for under 30€ a head for 4.
As we have just renovated a beach side villa here (which will be up for rent soon) we will definitely be back. A bit off the beaten track but worth finding.

1  Thank Paul373
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Steaks to die for, all cooked in front of you and presented nicely for a reasonable price! The chips also deserve a mention because they are delicious. Cannot fault this restaurant and it is definitely a must if you're in la tranche sur mer. I would advise you reserve though because it can be popular! I have and will continue to recommend this restaurant to anyone. Don't visit la tranche without going to this restaurant!!