“A Very Good Value Restaurant”
Review of Une Table Sympa

Une Table Sympa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: our restaurant in the city center, in the pedestrian streets, open all year for a seaside cuisine, conscientous and measured at cost. See you soon
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had Dinner here on a Saturday night in January, nice to see it full of locals. The menus give very good value and a lot of choices,, everything is freshly made and delicious, The seafood offers very good value.

3  Thank Bill W
There are newer reviews for Une Table Sympa

Reviewed 25 September 2013

After a long day travelling we wanted a nice restaurant - and we found one! We had a fabulous meal, well cooked fish and nicely presented.

4  Thank Egglady_24
Reviewed 25 August 2013

According to many positive reviews we decided to try this restaurant for a dinner. I am not a lover of moules so I chose fish (my French is not good enough to know which kind of fish it was, so we asked a waitress in French if she could tell us what type of fish it was and she said: it is a fish.. - I obviously knew it was fish but I wanted to know which fish!! However the waitress was really nice, quick and friendly) ..so I got 'fish' with cream, some vegetables and rice. I thought it would be a cream sauce but it seemed to me that it was just cream without any taste..unfortunately then I had the same feeling about the vegetables - tasteless. Rice as a side dish seemed a little bit strange but at the end I found the combination quite interesting in a positive way. My friend had a filet steak which she asked to be medium/rare but it was cold and clearly re-heated in a microwave (obviously they didnt put the timer on for not long enough seeing as it was cold!) The inside was not a nice pinky red colour but grey. The dishes came too fast (literally 5 minutes!) The restaurant was completely full so how they made our 3 dishes in 5 minutes is a mystery, I would be interested to look into the kitchen and see just how the food is prepared. We had hardly started our apperitifs. Sometimes its nice to have fast service but not when you've just ordered some drinks to have before. After the main course we had to wait a bit for the dessert menu. Then it came, I had a really good ice-cream, even though in my opinion a little bit expensive for what it was. Anyways after few spoons of this delicious chocolate ice cream I found a piece of plastic box in which they keep it in the restaurant. After telling the waitress the manager of the restaurant came and apologized and me and my two friends were offered a coffee on the house which I found really nice and good reaction on the situation - these things happen and the managers response was very professional. So the whole impression of the restaurant is that the staff and front of house service is very good, the food that we had however was not good. Maybe we should have gone for the mussels and maybe it was just a bad choice on our part. I was just disappointed by the main courses but it could lie in my personal tastes. Maybe I will come back once to change my mind and try something else that can't be microwaved! :)

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Enjoyed a simple meal of Moules and Frites Euro 8.50 (seemed to be the standard price in the town) with a carafe of house red wine (it wasn't expensive, but can't remember price). The food was good quality, and there was plenty of it. The wine very drinkable for a house wine. Staff were very pleasant. Lots of tables were reserved but we were still able to be seated at a table in the early evening - maybe make a reservation if you're intending to dine there at the weekend during the peak season. We were slightly troubled by flies whilst we were eating, but it was hot, humid weather and I doubt if there was any restaurant which was insect free in those conditions. A very pleasant meal - great position for people watching!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We remembered having an excellent meal here two years ago and decided to try again on this visit. We were not disappointed, all the food was fresh, beautiful flavours. Restaurant was welcoming, clean, staff friendly, not rushed, had three beautiful courses and excellent value.

So pleased that was still as good. Recommend that you try if in La Tranche. We will be back again, maybe for last night of holiday.

1  Thank AlisonF60