We stayed in room 114 and found it clean, a reasonable size but extremely basic. The bed was really hard, we were given two quite small tough pillows only (though the bed was a good size for France) with only one blanket and a thin bedspread. The room was really cold and although we adjusted the air con unit it seemed that it didn't provide hot air. The fridge made a terrible racket so we pulled the plug out of the socket. I don't know if all the rooms are like this but the decor is circa 1980 with pink/apricot painted textured walls and grey tiles. The strangest thing was that there was quite a nifty fold away kitchen unit which contained a ceramic cooktop but absolutely no cooking utensils, no pots, dishes ... no nothing so, what on earth was the point of that? We were lucky as were only staying overnight for a conference but I would hate to be paying the rates they are charging and checking in for a longer period for a holiday or a week of spa treatments. It really is nothing more than a basic motel room but costing considerably more. You have been warned - bring your thermals!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel *** Thalacap Ile de Re is directly connected to the thalassotherapy institute. It is located 150 meters from the beach and 800 meters from a beautiful village: Ars en Ré. Comfortable room, pool or garden view, with bathroom, hair dryer, television, telephone, safe, wifi free access.The best of this hotel: unlimited access to the Fitness Marin (Sauna, Hammam, swimming pool with heated sea water, relaxation room, aquagym ...). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cote Thalasso Ile de Re reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalacap Ile De Re Hotel Ars-En-Re
- Cote Thalasso Ile De Re Ars-En-Re