“The Very Best In Meribel!!!!!”
Review of Hotel Le Savoy

and 1 more site!
Hotel Le Savoy
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Meribel
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Well where do I start!!!! From making my first enquiry the service was first class! I emailed the hotel for availability and received a prompt response from Martin with options and prices, my booking was confirmed but I made a request for a suite if becomes available!!! 2 weeks prior to arrival the hotel contacted me as a suite had become available!!! they remembered my request and I got the room I wanted!!! Fantastic start and Thank you Martin.

The Hotel is beautifully furnished and very warm and welcoming, I really felt at home, the bar and restaurant were cosy and elegant. With every drink in the bar you were served free canapes which were gorgeous and a nice touch!!! I cant recall the names of the bar staff but they were all friendly and helpful, really nice guys and a credit to the hotel.

Now the food!!! simply devine!!! breakfast was plentiful with continental and cooked options available but it was the quality!!! superb !!! We had dinner in the evening twice but would have been happy to eat their every night, the food was exquisite and we have eaten in top restaurants in top hotels around the world!! we were surprised to find such high standards, we both had the soup, scallops, steak, fish and risotto!!! WOW

Our room was well decorated with lounge area, bedroom and spacious bathroom!!! we love a large bathroom and this one was ample in size with separate shower and bath!! not often found at a ski resort. Plenty of storage space and coffee and tea facilities. The room was immaculately clean and cleaned every day with soooo many fresh towels supplied everyday.

Now the staff!!! staff can make or break a hotel and Le Savoy have got it right!!! every member of staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for you!!! from reception to house keeping!!! as mentioned earlier Martin and the guys in the bar were fantastic but also Michelle and Nicholas in the restaurant!! unfortunately I did not get everyone's names but what a fantastic bunch.

After staying in La Sivoliere in Courchevel 1850 last year!!! I have to say Le Savoy knocked its socks off for value for money, quality of food and service!!!

Finally, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Meribel if your after a cosy intimate friendly hotel with fantastic staff!!!! we will most definately be returning soon if I get my way!!!

Thank you to everyone at Le Savoy for giving us a most fantastic holiday with memories that will last forever Darren & Vicky Marks.

P.S Martin!!! Make sure Honey room free Christmas 2014!!!!! Have a Fantastic New Year To All.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YantoKent
Martin L, Directeur Hébergement at Hotel Le Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor, following your Christmas stay in le Savoy.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services, enjoyed the decoration of your room, the bar & the restaurant. Everyone was glad to read your comment which give us energy to keep again & again our standard of services.

The entire team of Le Savoy wishes you a Happy New Year and your Honey Suite has already been prepared for next year as requested.

With snowy regards from Méribel

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The hotel is bran new and beautifully designed. From the first moment you feel very welcome by staff, and this attitude is well kept throughout your stay from practically all staff!
The location could not be any more centralized with yet both free parking (staff will park for you) and 100 m walk to the escalators to the slop!
Breakfast is once again very nicely served, rich and fresh. We loved our stay at the hotel and Meribel.

Room Tip: Rooms the are closer the elevators have more of building view, than mountain view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raphy B
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here in February 2013 and from the moment we walked through the door we had the most fabulous time. Martin was brilliant, he helped me arrange special treats for my partner before we left the UK
All of the staff were friendly, helpful and very polite especially The head waiter in the evening. The hotel food was fantastic both am and pm. The room was great with plenty of space and very well decorated as with the rest of the hotel.
The ski room was easily accessible with good storage and boot drying in each locker. It was a very short walk across the street to the escalator up to the piste for awesome skiing throughout the 3 valleys.
Highly recommend here and would not hesitate to go back.
Thanks for a great holiday.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank PaulandPenny1967
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Le Savoy in February for three nights whilst visiting my daughter who was working in the area. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a hotel that had any vacancies that didn't cost the earth. We chose Le Savoy partly because of the location and photographs and also because of the very helpful and welcoming email exchanges with the reception staff.

We were not disappointed. The hotel has a wonderful private chalet feel to it with cosy and well designed public areas and small but very cleverly designed bedrooms. It's also right in the centre of town, yet very quiet.

It isn't cheap, but nowhere in Meribel is. We paid E300 per night for a "comfort room" bed and breakfast with free internet. The breakfast was comprehensive and the restaurant excellent generally although quite expensive but not by local standards.

What was surprising is that in an area where one expects to find lots of itinerant seasonal staff, the staff at the hotel were exceptional, very well trained, very obliging and very polite. A real credit to the management. We would happily stay there again and not doubt will.

Room Tip: Go for comfort room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PCSPCS
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This hotel is excellent. We were made to feel welcome from the moment our bags were picked up at the front door. The service was excellent and almost everybody speaks English so it is hard to practice your French.

We had the slightly bigger room, which definitely seems worth it when you have lots of ski gear. The rooms are small but well designed with shelves as you walk in for you gloves and helmets and lots of hooks fro all your ski outerwear. The walls are neutral colours but there is a splash of colour with pillows and the chairs. The beds are a little hard, but when we asked we got some softer pillows. The bathroom is a one person affair with bath/shower and nice basin, and there is a separate toilet.

The bar is lovey for coffee in the morning and great afternoon tea and then drinks in the evening. The stairs up to the dining room lead you into a wonderful space where big groups and smaller intimate tables are accommodated. The service here is fantastic and the food even better.

Downstairs is a ski room with card key access to the outside so you can get straight onto the ski slope.

We expect this place will get popular, but we hope they will have a room for us again next year.

Room Tip: Worth having the upgrade to a bigger room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pieterkn
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We also stayed in this hotel over the New Year 2012/2013 and obviously had a very different experience as the hotel staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help us. Yes, at times the service in the bar was a bit slow and reactive rather than proactive but that would be my only minor complaint. The hotel is well positioned for the town and the slopes and the decor and the food was great. It is quite a young team working in the hotel and everyone we came into contact with was friendly and helpful - particularly the maitre d and her team. We also stayed in room 60 and there was occasional banging from the kitchens which were next door but no worse than being in an hotel where you hear other guests coming and going and certainly not enough to disturb sleep either at night or during that much needed après ski snooze! I bought food (crisps, coke, chocolate etc from a local supermarket and no comment was made as I walked past reception with the bags? It is a beautifully decorated hotel with delicious food and good choice of options for breakfast. The lunch menu is good and reasonably priced - the burgers and club sandwiches in particular were really good. We stayed with our teenaged sons who really enjoyed Meribel and the hotel. What more can I say - except we would stay again at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank EnglandMember
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My partner and i stayed in this hotel over new year 2012/2013 paying €350 a night. The location was good, a very short walk to the lifts. The decor was beautiful, very contemporary. The food was also good although expensive. However, when it came to paying the bill I questioned one room service price which said we had ordered 2 desserts (they were €10 each). We only ordered 1. The receptionist went to check with the kitchen and returned to say we had definitely ordered two. I questioned it again, I knew we had ordered one because I don't eat chocolate, and it was a chocolate dessert! Immediately two staff members appeared from nowhere saying loudley that they could remember us ordering two and that we had to pay. Not liking to make a scene I said ok and payed the bill, feeling shouted down and quite upset at the way I had been spoken to. While packing the car with the help from one of the staff members, I decided to say something. I said that the issue was dealt with badly and that I had felt upset with how I had been spoken too. His response was shocking. Referring to a take-away pizza we had taken to our room the night before, he said "in any French hotel you are not allowed to bring food from outside the hotel into your room and I turned a blind eye!" I was so confused, he was probably right about the takeaway pizza - I hadn't thought twice about it,, but what on earth had this got to do with how the dessert issue had been handled? I asked him. the response was the same, pretty much "you have no right to complain because i turned a blind eye." Having a takeaway pizza is not exactley the crime of the centuary and this was certainly not the response I had expected. His attitude coupled with the fact that this was all over a €10 dessert actually made me cry! Of course he was not bothered at all. I am just so shocked at this incident, in a hotel that costs €350 a night, reducing a customer to tears over a €10 dessert. An appalling way to end a holiday.

• Stayed: December 2012
10  Thank Langford9
Caroline C, Directeur général at Hotel Le Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Valuable guest,

I thank you for taking your time and send us your feedback after your recent stay with us.
I truly regret the inconvenience you went through.

Indeed, at your check-out, you told the reception that one of the room service was false.
So, we decided to check the room service ticket. When the waiter brings you the meal, you signed this ticket attesting that you agreed with what was served to you, “1 spaghetti, 1 ceasar sald, 2 chocolate cakes & 2 oranginas”.

Then, as you disagree with what you signed, we decided to check with “the Maitre d’hôtel”, which was in fact the one who served you.
He guaranteed having served 2 chocolate desserts. After this trouble, we went to see the Chef & The Pastry and ask them what the room service was yesterday. The Chef told us about the main courses than we asked the Pastry what we served for the dessert, his answer was direct, “2 chocolate cakes”.
Regarding the take-away pizza, as told by the receptionist, guests are not allowed to bring food in their room due to health reason. As all the products of the hotel are controlled, we would not like to have to manage a food poisoning without knowing what the guest really ate before.

Please accept our apologies for the last 10 minutes of your stay who apparently turned to be a nightmare. We will be glad to welcome you again next year.

Best regards & best wishes for 2013