“Wonderful Family Vacation at Hotel Le Savoy!”
Review of Hotel Le Savoy

and 1 more site!
Hotel Le Savoy
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Meribel
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We just returned home from a six day terrific ski vacation and stay at Hotel Le Savoy. The hotel totally exceeded our expectation. Immediate email responses prior to arriving from the staff were so helpful before we left. Perfect location in the center of Meribel with incredibly easy access to the Slopes. The rooms were great - clean, comfortable and classy! Each and everyone of the staff members were fantastic! Nothing was too much trouble for them! The front desk/concierge staff (Martin, Marie and crew) were always ready, enthusiastic and willing to help with any request from dinner reservations to where we find a USB drive to the most helpful, "where is the medical center?" (for a small cut requiring stitches after skiing). Not only were we informed of where the medical center was (a very easy walk down the hill) but Thibault from the front desk immediately showed us to his car and drove us there and offered to pick us up when we were finished. The hotel bar is perfect for Apres ski. Bar Manager, Thibault (another Thibault) was always so attentive to the entire family and he, Luca and staff always made us feel like we were in their living room rather than a hotel bar. Always engaging the family in genuine conversation. The restaurant was no different - kind, genuinely friendly service every breakfast as well as the one evening we stayed for dinner (the food was quite good too!). Honestly, the staff at this hotel did not seem like staff at all they seemed more like friends. We all looked forward to seeing them after skiing and sharing our adventures of the day with them including paragliding off the mountain - our boys will be forever grateful to Martin for assuring me that no one has ever been hurt/died paragliding in Meribel. Whether that's true or not Martin was very convincing and our boys had an experience of a life time! We hope to return to Hotel Le Savoy again. We could only bring three of our children due to school schedules and certainly want our other two to come and see what they missed! One would be crazy not to stay at Hotel Le Savoy when visiting Meribel. If we we didn't live in the States we would be regulars. Looking forward to returning some day...

Room Tip: We had connecting rooms and had no trouble at all with noise etc.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I have just returned from a 4 night ski holiday in Meribel.

Hotel Le Savoy is undoubtedly a nice hotel, the staff were all very friendly without exception, something you expect within this price bracket.

The booking process was easy and Martin and his team were all very helpful with my questions and subsequent booking.

The facilities were also good, however there were a few things that I would add as possible improvements that could be made.

- There was no in hotel entertainment system on the television that most high end hotels, in my experience provide. There are 55 channels but only 1 is English speaking which was BBC news. I would have like more English channels and a movie on demand option. After a hard days skiing being able to relax in the room with this sort of entertainment would have been good.

- I booked a twin room as I was skiing with a friend that had travelled over from Australia. The single beds really were far too small. Genuinely ridiculous, I'm not exaggerating here, they were not nearly the right size for an adult paying this kind of rate.

- Lastly, an in room fridge would have been great. The heating in the room was great but this meant that I had to put drinks out on the window sill to keep cold, in the absence of even a small fridge to store drinks and small ski snacks.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We spent a fantastic week at Le Savoy in January, our family and friends. The hotel has probably the best location in the village and has been refurbished to a high standard. As many have written here, the staff are simply the most helpful and engaging as you are ever likely to meet, from the day we made our first enquiry to the day we left. We can not recommend the Le Savoy enough - this is the place to stay and also well priced and they deserve to do well.

Room Tip: For a family of four we took a suite and a twin which was perfect
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Well where do I start!!!! From making my first enquiry the service was first class! I emailed the hotel for availability and received a prompt response from Martin with options and prices, my booking was confirmed but I made a request for a suite if becomes available!!! 2 weeks prior to arrival the hotel contacted me as a suite had become available!!! they remembered my request and I got the room I wanted!!! Fantastic start and Thank you Martin.

The Hotel is beautifully furnished and very warm and welcoming, I really felt at home, the bar and restaurant were cosy and elegant. With every drink in the bar you were served free canapes which were gorgeous and a nice touch!!! I cant recall the names of the bar staff but they were all friendly and helpful, really nice guys and a credit to the hotel.

Now the food!!! simply devine!!! breakfast was plentiful with continental and cooked options available but it was the quality!!! superb !!! We had dinner in the evening twice but would have been happy to eat their every night, the food was exquisite and we have eaten in top restaurants in top hotels around the world!! we were surprised to find such high standards, we both had the soup, scallops, steak, fish and risotto!!! WOW

Our room was well decorated with lounge area, bedroom and spacious bathroom!!! we love a large bathroom and this one was ample in size with separate shower and bath!! not often found at a ski resort. Plenty of storage space and coffee and tea facilities. The room was immaculately clean and cleaned every day with soooo many fresh towels supplied everyday.

Now the staff!!! staff can make or break a hotel and Le Savoy have got it right!!! every member of staff were friendly and couldnt do enough for you!!! from reception to house keeping!!! as mentioned earlier Martin and the guys in the bar were fantastic but also Michelle and Nicholas in the restaurant!! unfortunately I did not get everyone's names but what a fantastic bunch.

After staying in La Sivoliere in Courchevel 1850 last year!!! I have to say Le Savoy knocked its socks off for value for money, quality of food and service!!!

Finally, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit Meribel if your after a cosy intimate friendly hotel with fantastic staff!!!! we will most definately be returning soon if I get my way!!!

Thank you to everyone at Le Savoy for giving us a most fantastic holiday with memories that will last forever Darren & Vicky Marks.

P.S Martin!!! Make sure Honey room free Christmas 2014!!!!! Have a Fantastic New Year To All.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YantoKent
Martin L, Directeur Hébergement at Hotel Le Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear valuable guest,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor, following your Christmas stay in le Savoy.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services, enjoyed the decoration of your room, the bar & the restaurant. Everyone was glad to read your comment which give us energy to keep again & again our standard of services.

The entire team of Le Savoy wishes you a Happy New Year and your Honey Suite has already been prepared for next year as requested.

With snowy regards from Méribel

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The hotel is bran new and beautifully designed. From the first moment you feel very welcome by staff, and this attitude is well kept throughout your stay from practically all staff!
The location could not be any more centralized with yet both free parking (staff will park for you) and 100 m walk to the escalators to the slop!
Breakfast is once again very nicely served, rich and fresh. We loved our stay at the hotel and Meribel.

Room Tip: Rooms the are closer the elevators have more of building view, than mountain view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raphy B
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed here in February 2013 and from the moment we walked through the door we had the most fabulous time. Martin was brilliant, he helped me arrange special treats for my partner before we left the UK
All of the staff were friendly, helpful and very polite especially The head waiter in the evening. The hotel food was fantastic both am and pm. The room was great with plenty of space and very well decorated as with the rest of the hotel.
The ski room was easily accessible with good storage and boot drying in each locker. It was a very short walk across the street to the escalator up to the piste for awesome skiing throughout the 3 valleys.
Highly recommend here and would not hesitate to go back.
Thanks for a great holiday.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank PaulandPenny1967
Reviewed 15 March 2013

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Le Savoy in February for three nights whilst visiting my daughter who was working in the area. I spent quite a bit of time trying to find a hotel that had any vacancies that didn't cost the earth. We chose Le Savoy partly because of the location and photographs and also because of the very helpful and welcoming email exchanges with the reception staff.

We were not disappointed. The hotel has a wonderful private chalet feel to it with cosy and well designed public areas and small but very cleverly designed bedrooms. It's also right in the centre of town, yet very quiet.

It isn't cheap, but nowhere in Meribel is. We paid E300 per night for a "comfort room" bed and breakfast with free internet. The breakfast was comprehensive and the restaurant excellent generally although quite expensive but not by local standards.

What was surprising is that in an area where one expects to find lots of itinerant seasonal staff, the staff at the hotel were exceptional, very well trained, very obliging and very polite. A real credit to the management. We would happily stay there again and not doubt will.

Room Tip: Go for comfort room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple