Hotel Mont Vallon
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Allodis(Meribel)
View Hotel
Club Med Meribel le Chalet(Meribel)
  • Restaurant
Club Med Meribel l'Antares(Meribel)
  • Pool
All reviewsour night staynice bed linengreat hotelstayed for nightswould definitely stay here againfantastic foodhot waterbrasseriewifipositionkettleskislopeswine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We have stayed at the hotel several times, either travelling as a couple or as a family. Fortunately I am fluent in French, a fact that made all the difference in having this "extra service care" which was not visible to other guests. Of course the Russians are all over the place because the prices are extravagant so not many Europeans can afford the cost. You could hear them singing Balalaika every afternoon near the fireplace, loud as they usually are, drinking heavily and taking over totally not only the space but also the air that you breath. If you are dreaming peace and quiet or family board games next to the fire, just go away. Not your cup of tea. Food was acceptable although the menu was sometimes too complicated and too gourmet for little ones (and no alternatives available) however the desserts buffet was awesome. Le Shuss is much more interesting for fondue or pierrade but be prepared to smell as if you were sleeping in the kitchen for a month (I left my jeans outside on the balcony for 2 days and the smell was still there). The service is overall average and sometimes below average. Cleanliness is not their strong point anyway (being French), elevators too slow, room service slower than death, facts which make it hard to believe it's actually a four star hotel. However I must say that all the times I have stayed there (more than 6 to be honest in the past 10 years) I had a great time because the location is so super, the views so breathtaking, the desserts so mouthwatering, breakfast abundant and with such a remarkable buffet in all aspects that you kind of balance the negatives and keep good memories of it all. Remember, if you are seeking quiet or are anti-russian for some reason, don't even think about it. You will end up jumping out of the window!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank mcousta
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The worst experience of my life.
The hotel is tragic because is dirty and its smells awful.
The stuff is no where.
My room was very small and everything in the room was broken.
I stayed there for three days the New Year's Eve 28-1/1/2013..

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MANOS s
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I'll start with the worst thing. I got my period during the time I was there, hence, the sheets were spoiled with blood...I therefore remove the sheet, feeling sorry for the cleaner and wanting to be very clear, and put it on the floor. When I go to bed at night the same sheet has been put back. I'm too tired to go down to the reception and we wait til next day, lets see if they change the sheets. No, they don't, so we have to go to the reception in order to the cleaning staff there to change the sheets.

We stayed there during a skiweekend in February. Great ski-in skiout, nice with a pool, stupidly built, you have things, road blocks covering the view of the mountains... And the feeling of simplicity just didn't go away. Looks good indeed, but its not quality and you feel that it's just a surface and built as cheap as possible. If you get a good bargain, sure, try it, you might not notice or be more accepting if its cheap.

If you stay as a family with a kitchen, you need to bring everything, there were 4 cups for coffe, and 4 glasses for drinking. (So you can use and pay for what they offer in the mini-bar) That's it. The restaurant offers pizza that is good, but besides that the menu is not very interesting.

The poolarea is not proportioned for the amounts of guest, it gets crowded in the showers, mix of men and women and its very intimate, its hard not to brush towards each other in the existing "pair-shower"

The location requieres a car.

If you forget your earrings at the pool, don't expect to get them back, even though the pool closed 15 minutes after you left them there.

Staff tried to be friendly, but you lack some kind of warmth.

A disappointment if you are looking for that extra care. You know that someone wants to make money, and that you should pay the price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Svensk2012
Reviewed 28 April 2011

We had a week here while skiing. The hotel is comfortable and very well situated for access to the lifts and slopes. The room we had was on the top floor and not as cramped as most rooms are in ski resorts - important to have lots of room and storage when you have so many clothes and changes of clothing. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the food good, but we had a couple of reservations:

Firstly the free wifi was the slowest that I have ever encountered in a hotel. I saw several reviews in earlier years objecting to the wifi charges. I don't know if internet access is now free because it was always awful, or because it is now free it has been overloaded with users. Either way, don't rely on it. You may just be able to read the odd email if you wait for an hour or two; don't expect more than that. The hotel really needs to fix this.

Secondly there was a choice of restaurants, but a difficult one. The gourmet restaurant was good, but expensive. What we found less attractive was that the cheapest bottles on the wine list were around £50 and prices went off steeply after that. The brasserie had a very limited menu of grills and hamburgers - it had a cheaper selection of wines, though still fairly expensive by our standards.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank astronomer-at-large
Reviewed 1 February 2011

The hotel is not children friendly at all, I dont know why they accept children at this hotel for the horrible behaviour they have with them
No decoration, all fashioned furniture
Unsuable fitness and spa facilities
Only good thing about this hotel is the perfect location in short

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family