Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Fermes de Meribel
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Meribel
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Nice location”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed in one of the 6 person appartments. It was a very good size, two reasonable double rooms, one being on-suite, and another bath/shower and another toilet. I was on the sofa bed in the large living area. Kitchen was well equiped. Shower was always hot. However, there wasnt enough space for hanging clothes to dry off/air IMHO, but we coped fine. Route down to the slopes from the ski room (from our appartment block only - I dont know about the others) was possible but definitly not a 'proper' track/the most obvious! Otherwise you walk down along the road (100m ish). Wifif was free if you dont use it excessively. Swimming pool was quite cold, & no hot tub... :( Note there are extra saunas and steam rooms down the corridor past the gym area. Overall the room was good, I'd go back. Meribel Village was very nice.

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed in this hotel with my family for a week.
We booked a 2-bedroom apartment for 6 people. I asked for an espace, but they did not have it, so it was a standard apartment.
The apartment with 2 bedrooms is 40m2, so you can imagine that it is really small, and it is. The rooms, shower, toilet and everything is so small that you are always about to hit something.
When we arrived, for 6 people we had 4 beds made up, one set of linnen in the wadrobe and 2 blankets and pillows for 2 other people. We had only 2 bathrobes and 4 sets of towels. That meant that I needed to go to the reception (which is located in another building) and spend my time to get more towels, linnens and bathrobes. No slippers were provided in the residence, though in all other P&V Premium they leave them in your room. No mid-week cleaning or change of linnens & towels is provided also. We had only one roll of toiletpaper in the room for a week for 6 people.

The pool is rather good with saunas and hammams, but what surprized me was that it was a great problem to get drinking water while being there. They do not provide it for free. We found a notice that you can buy a bottle of water for 1 euro in the spa reception, but they sent us upstairs to the main reception. On the main reception, they did not have water and sent us back to the spa reception.

I stayed in other P&V Premium residences and they were good. I can never understand why this residence was put in the same category.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LVV298484
Leura, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We stayed a week in a 1st floor apartment in this block, directly overlooking the bottom of the Lapin piste & the Golf chairlift. The views from the kitchen window & balcony were directly across the Meribel valley towards the western facing peaks....stunning. We had a 4 bedroom apartment, it had 3 bathrooms & 2 separate toilets. Lots of cupboard & storage space. Main living area was open plan fully equipped kitchen, with good sized fridge & freezer, dishwasher & enough plates etc for 10 people. Good open plan eating area & lounge. Free wifi. It was beautifully furnished in traditional wooden chalet style, but modern & comfortable. 1 underground parking spot, ski locker in the basement. It was the best location, only a few metres from the chairlift. My son skied to his lessons that were in the main centre of Meribel. If you can ski green runs, you can get into Meribel (2 miles away by road), by using lifts & green runs, or blues if you want to. There is a free local bus that runs between the 2 centres, but it can get hectic first thing in the morning. If you've never skied before the bus is the best option. I had only done 1 week sking before this trip, and I took 2 chairlifts up, skied down the green, then a bubble lift down to get to my lessons that started at 11.30am. Sounds complicated, but it was easy & got my body warmed up before the lesson.
Meribel village has a great patisserie, reasonable Spar corner shop, a bar, a pizza restaurant, ski hire shop, and a couple of boutiques. It is small and friendly and not overcrowded, barely any queues for the chairlift.
At the same time it has easy access to many green runs at the Altiport area of the mountain, as well as all the usual other runs for experienced skiers.
Great location, would highly recommend.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones with a balcony facing the slopes & the valley, so you get some sunsh...
3 Thank shebe43
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed late Feb 2013. Me, wife (non-skier) and son 14years (expert skier). Booked apartment for 6 as I know these appartments are smallish. We had 2 bderooms and a lounge diner, 1 ensuite, 1 bathroom.. but overall just 1 toilet. Showers and heating were great. I would say a family of 4 would be ideal for a luxury holiday... but more than that would be tight and not 'premium'. Nice and quiet in the evening. Definite for families. No nightclubs.. therefore no drunks crashing around in the evening. Slept peferectly. Best part was the late check-in and early departure. We drove... and this was essential. Kitchen was actually excellent with many mod cons. Skiing was great. A very gentle run to the bottom of the slope.. about a 40m walk up the hill to the appartment. Skiing in/out was possible for the experts.. but I found it more sensible and only a few minutes extra just to walk.. Sauna and pool in the main building. Just went the once.. too crowded at peak times.. Changing area too tight. Just too many people. Wife said it was deserted during the day. SPA treatments good. Local restaurant was good. Easy to book. Hired child's ski in local shop.. seemed OK and efficient.. but pretty up market for any purchases. Caught the bus to Meribel a few times.. was a doddle. Had wine delivered to the Hotel.. not a problem. Front desk were actually very good.. a real surprise for France. Pretty happy at the end of the day. Oh.. weather was good..

Room Tip: Make sure you book accomodation bigger than what they say you need.
2 Thank Dave H
Lisboa
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Very cozy and well equipped apartments.

The whole property has a good standard; located less than 50 meters from the ski lifts and slopes (almost ski-in/out). Very nice spa facilities (pool, sauna, hamman, etc.)

The staff is very helpful

There'a free wifi internet access in the apartments, which is a bit limited in terms of speed, but enough for e-mail checking and web browsing.

1 Thank Tuga2005
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I normally stay in the best hotels when travelling from Chewton glen and limewood in the new forest in the uk to the Wynn in Vegas and four seasons in the Maldives.

I booked this hotel in my local travel agent via ski independence.

The holiday was between 26/1/13- 9/2/13, funnily enough I'm writing this on the 2/2/13. The reason it's a week before I'm supposed to be leaving is because I'm actually checking out a week early and have paid another £5500 to stay in a proper 4 star hotel in meribel town.

I don't even know where to start, I'm in apartment no.7, supposedly for 8 people, I paid quite a lot extra for this "superior apartment ", my girlfriend, 2 young daughters and I don't even have enough space to hang our clothes. So for a fortnight we were expected to live out of a suitcase.

The apartments are fitted out with cheap wood cladding in an attempt to give it an alpine feel, looks more like a tacky 80's sauna.

No restaurant on site, communal changing area for pool and no family changing room but get this you have to take your shoes and socks off before entering changing area imagine it, bag full if towels, 2 kids, big snow boots and large ski clothes and you need to de-boot before entering the awful changing area, at that point in night one I felt like walking.

1 toilet in the apartment that's for 8 people, if like me your a big guy, be sure to go to toilet before returning to the apartment because you won't fit in this one.

Are you after ski in/ski out facilities ? This place claims to have it, it's a 5 minute walk away, really handy if your carrying 3 sets of skis ( kids are 4&6). Not only that the only way to ski back is if your and intermediate skier, there's 1 blue run back to the village which my girlfriend and kids are way to inexperienced to use as it was there first time.

The pillows are actually cushions and pathetic ones at that so be sure to bring your own. I have not managed to sleep at all in the beds as they are small and uncomfortable.

The cleaners were supposed to come in today which is 1 week after our check in to give it a clean, no surprising there was no sign of them.

I could go on for hours, it's butlins but 5 times the price and with no restaurants and worse fixtures and fittings.

DO NOT BOOK THIS PLACE, it's absolutely awful, I can not explain this enough. There are some beautiful places in meribel to stay and I would suggest that this is the worst.

Please contact me if you'd like more info

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jsk0506

Travellers are raving about these Meribel hotels

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We stayed in the residence as a family of 5 people. The general feeling of interior is very nice and reflects the spirit of the winter holidays. Very cosy, clean and comfortable, the appartment had everything we needed, including the dish washer and great set of kitchen equipment and plates and other kitchen attire. Beds are very comfortable, the appartment is very warm. We had great teracce as well. We didn't use any other facilities within the residence, as the swimming pool was overcrowded and not very clean, but actually we were not interested in it too much. The reception provided us with the set for raclette for one evening free of chanrge, so we did great Savoie dinner ourselves at our appartment.The ski lift is next to the doors of the residence, very convenient, the residence has special space for your skiing equipment. It's located not within the vilage of Meribel itself, if you want to go shopping, visit some restaurants or just have a nice walk, you'll have to take a free bus, which operates every 20 minutes and in 5 minutes you'll be in the center of the village, not a big deal at all. They have covered parking for 60 EURO per week, or you can find some free space in the outdoor parking, which is free, but always full. So in general - great experience. Just some comments - for the PREMIUM residence I wouldn't ask your clients to go to the supermarket and buy the waste bags by themselves, it's quite strange, that they are not provided within the residence, the same is about the toilet paper and dish washer tablets. Also if there are 4 adults staying at the appartment, it would be good to provide all of them with the bath robes, not just 2 of them.
Also general advice - it's less expensive to do your shopping at the supermarket on your way to the village, as the supermarket near the residence is quite expensive, better use the one in the village of Mirabel. The same is for the Ski rental provider - Ski Set just next to the residence is VERY expensive, so better pre-book online in one of the rentals in Meribel itself (with 40-50% discount) - there are plenty of them.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family