We stayed at the MGM for two weeks this season and our experience was 'ok' .
Travelling : Myself, my husband and 2 year old little boy.
My brother in law
We had a 3 room (2 bedroom) apartment.
The good points
A lovely reception area with area for children and gorgeous log fire.
Quiet and pretty location.
Apartment as requested - in a quieter area, high level and overlooking piste with beautiful mountain view.
It is ski in /ski out.
There was a great sledging slope next to our apartments.
Swimming pool / sauna / steam/ gym ( not as cold as other french pools we have visited)
There is a bus stop very close to apartments so you can get into Meribel centre if you need ski school or Creche.
Oddly the towels were very fluffy
Apartment in need of refurbishment. The soft furnishings were extremely tired and mismatched. Curtains rails were coming off the wall. Wood was badly scratched.
Apartments small - you certainly wouldn't want full capacity. In fact we have half capacity and it was quite tight.
The beds in the parental room didn't seem to fit and the bed constantly needed making. The duvet was (strangely) two single duvets inside a double cover and they kept getting twisted up etc.
The staff would not help us find a way of watching DVD/ play games on the TV using our playstation. The TV did not have the correct remote control and we couldn't access the AV. Eventually we purchased a Universal Remote which did the job nicely. So don't forget to take one with you.
If you are looking for Apres Ski, this is not the place to be.
No wifi in apartments
Ski lockers were tiny, you couldn't leave boots in them or they would be soaking wet. It was also very dark in the ski room.
The was no lock on the main entrance to the apartment building, so anyone could enter, including ski locker.
The relaxation are in spa was a couple of loungers in the gym.
The changing area for the pool is far to small, the where only two private changing rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In peaceful, wooded surroundingsDoorstep skiingA residence offering relaxation areas and ‘Deep Nature Spa' by Algotherm services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Fermes de Meribel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Premium Residence Les Fermes De Meribel
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Les Fermes De Meribel Hotel Meribel